First *unofficial* GameLive Poster Play of the Day

• Start date
  • Replies 58 Comments
  • Views 3,891 Views
Muddy if you already bet the opposite, then you obviously will not be joining in the GLPOTD on that particular day.

Fivey, I think Fishy is riding JJ's 2.5 inch pecker.

I'm not trying to shoot holes in your idea, Bread. Personally, I'm not going to invest my time in something gambling related anymore unless it involves a mathematically-sound method for increasing the ROI I'm able to generate with my own handicapping. Honestly I'm not even a fan of the "Zone" idea I proffered earlier, I'd never encourage people to Martingale, even for pure amusement.

Come to think of it, I'm probably a bad person altogether to comment on your effort to get everyone gambling together. I'm too wrapped up in the dollars and cents of it, withdrawing is soooooo much fun compared to depositing.

I am looking at this from a totally different perspective, RS.
It is principally about increasing the spirit of community here, we win together, we lose together just for one play a day.

Stick 10 dollars on, 0.1 units or whatever. No compulsion if anyone really doesnt like the play.
The more I think about it, the more I like the idea but to avoid the "cliques" that you mention and the "sharp/square" discussions that Pavy mentioned maybe we should just have a rota where everyone interested gets their turn of selecting the POTD.

Just my 0.02

I'm along the lines of Dunder....would be great if as a group, whatever wacky system we come up with goes off for 60%. But it was more of selecting one game for everyone to cheer on and bitch about. I know that's not for everyone....but could be fun for some.

Don't know if we want to get too technical with this.

I see what you're saying, but absent some sort of mechanism to attempt to make these plays more valuable than a coinflip, it strikes me as nothing more than "people posting plays for no greater reason than to see their name in print." Ya know?

I guess what I'm saying is what if JJ gets let go from RBS and joins here, and wishes to participate in this exercise, what's to stop him? And if nothing stops him, then why would any of us feel any excitement or camaraderie over tailing a losing handicapper on a given day? To achieve the desired effect of getting everybody rooting in the same play, you have to give them an incentive to play it. In my mind, the incentive would be the promise that GameLive is selecting the most successful gamblers in their midst and giving them a well-earned spotlight with which to share a good play with their fellows.

Again, I actually would like to participate in this, but only if it ends up being more than the current karaoke format. Just like I have no desire to sit in a bar and hear someone who obviously can't sing do it anyways, I won't be excited to tail plays made by handicappers of questionable skill. That's one of the parts of the Best Bet thread concept that I like, a level playing field where the winners are seperated from the losers. I could see this Play Of The Day concept being great if the top 7 people in a Best Bet thread were assigned a day of the week and got to promote their plays in this manner as a reward for good and consistent performance.

Just my .02 as well.

I can't take anything in here seriously if this isn't the *Official" GameLive Poster POD thread.

Well I'm generally a terrible gambler/capper. I go on runs, but by no means do I brag about my gambling premise. But I definitely want to be involved in this.

I think the part where the minds come together, instead of it just being a case of blindly following one guy's pick, could be solved with the suggestion of THE guy picking that day for the group, throws out his top 3 plays, and of those, the group discusses them and the majority will decide what THE play is. Of course if someone in the group REALLY hates that play, nothing is saying they have to bet it every day.

I will...but just because this is a fun experiment for me.

I definitely don't want to shut anyone who would want in to be shut out. I don't think JJ will be over here anytime soon so we should be safe.

rjt we need your o/u's!! You will be a part of this i hope!

Pavy we already have tonight's - Gonzaga.

We could definitely use your involvement going forward tomorrow though. Don't be a stranger, your Greekness!!

I could see this Play Of The Day concept being great if the top 7 people in a Best Bet thread were assigned a day of the week and got to promote their plays in this manner as a reward for good and consistent performance.

I like this idea. Top 7 in a Best Bet thread get assigned a day. That day that person throw out three good plays for Posters Play Of The Day thread, and the board discusses them until the collective agree on the best of the three. How does that sound?

It doesn't matter who Monkey, Bread or Mudcat have, it only matters who Fishhead has.

Guys, who is Fishhead on?

Fishhead is still digging through a dumpster looking for a paper so he can get the line. He will have his pick shortly.

Baggio....so youre saying in order to be eligible to be in the rotation to be THE guy to throw out plays, you have to be in top 7 ranking in a Best Bet thread?

I like that too! So you're saying that way you would have someone who is good/hot.

i like the idea, i will throw in some BIG TIME fukin winners on here trust me

haha if these plays start doing well n*ggas at rbs will be reporting on the gamelive play of the day

then what we could do which would be AWESOME is secretly give out THE WRONG SIDE if we see they are doing that and then tell them one minute before game time what our real play is

hahahaha that would make everyone happy - gamelive rebels would win, we would bury the rbs forum repeatedly, and sbrjohn would get a nice cut of the rbs poster losses

Baggio....so youre saying in order to be eligible to be in the rotation to be THE guy to throw out plays, you have to be in top 7 ranking in a Best Bet thread?

I like that too! So you're saying that way you would have someone who is good/hot.

Yes. That was RogueScholar's idea. So that way "THE guy" is not just anybody suck gambler like me, but someone that has earned it. As such it can be beneficial to the investors, and not just "clique" fun.

I like this idea;...I read it wrong the first time I guess.

Hopefully the angry sharps will play with us. I would like that.

If ppl like this idea I'll get the Best Bet thread started tomorrow...and we can start the GLPOTD thread the next day.

Top 7 would be decided by units only. And need to keep it active. Like if you go 10-0 to start, you can't not bet anymore or you'll eventually be out of the GLPOTD rotation. Sound right?