• Replies 58 Comments
  • Views 3,894 Views

Bread

Current Corpse
Since
Jan 20, 2010
Score
Tokens
OK it's late in the day, and the general outline isn't set in stone yet...but...

This seems to be a pretty popular play - Gonzaga minus points.

So throw some dollars on them if you feel so obliged and tomorrow we can all rejoice together or bitch together.

Tomorrow and tonight we can work out what we think is best way to do this...but I do want to do something.

I like this idea:

Say we have 10 people interested in this. Every day we rotate who is THE guy.

THE guy will throw up two, three or five, whatever...games that he likes that day.

Out of those games, the 10 can then discuss the one play that stands out the most.

Once it is decided upon, that will be the GLPOTD, and all can bet accordingly. Thoughts?

GONZAGA IS TONIGHT'S PLAY.

I'm on them -5.5 for 2 units

:moped: :highfive:

2 Units? Most of my own plays are 1 unit.

I will have a very small play for fun. Betfair have a -5.5 line but no liquidity.
I will see if I can lay St. Marys at around evens, if no joy I will take the Pinny Line.
Drawback for me here is that it tips at 4am where I am, so it will be a case of checking in the morning.

Teamer join us. It is the first ever GLPOTD.

Dunder it starts at 11 for me. That's my bedtime! Internet check in the am.

Having a system where only one person gets to be "The Guy" encourages a cliquey atmosphere where one has to endeavour to fit in with the clique in order to get placed in the rotation. Also, some of the people who volunteer are going to be shitty handicappers, ruining the efficacy of the system and the attraction to non-participants.

Of course, I'm assuming that the object is to help everybody make more money than they otherwise would. If the object is just to have collective action without any regards as to the eventual profit/loss, then I think this will work well.

I got only 15 minutes left but at worst putting 1 unit at -6 on Zags! Good luck to us all! Thanks Bread!:thumbup:

Whining, bitching and moaning are all part of life.

I dunno scholar...it's all up for debate. I'm a lot more loosey goosey with this stuff than most, so whatever works for the majority, I'm in.

Having a system where only one person gets to be "The Guy" encourages a cliquey atmosphere where one has to endeavour to fit in with the clique in order to get placed in the rotation. Also, some of the people who volunteer are going to be shitty handicappers, ruining the efficacy of the system and the attraction to non-participants.

Of course, I'm assuming that the object is to help everybody make more money than they otherwise would. If the object is just to have collective action without any regards as to the eventual profit/loss, then I think this will work well.

RS, this is on the fly today with it! Much tinkering to do? My opinion if going off the cuff with it today, MonkeyFocker top candidate to follow plus Durito's numbers seem to like it!:thumbup:

Having a system where only one person gets to be "The Guy" encourages a cliquey atmosphere where one has to endeavour to fit in with the clique in order to get placed in the rotation.

yea but everyone gets their turn to shine or crash and burn. plus they will put up 3 or 4 plays they like, and the participants will come up with the one they like the best. As far as cliquey, we are a polite bunch. If anyone wants in, the group will be very welcoming.

Also, some of the people who volunteer are going to be shitty handicappers, ruining the efficacy of the system and the attraction to non-participants.

Very true. Like me. If a participant wishes to pass on their turn as THE man, they can do so.

I'm open to any and all ideas. This isn't my ship...just trying to get something fun, and hopefully profitable, get started. :moped:

I'm not trying to shoot holes in your idea, Bread. Personally, I'm not going to invest my time in something gambling related anymore unless it involves a mathematically-sound method for increasing the ROI I'm able to generate with my own handicapping. Honestly I'm not even a fan of the "Zone" idea I proffered earlier, I'd never encourage people to Martingale, even for pure amusement.

Come to think of it, I'm probably a bad person altogether to comment on your effort to get everyone gambling together. I'm too wrapped up in the dollars and cents of it, withdrawing is soooooo much fun compared to depositing.

I put names on a dart board under my ex-finance's picture and throw. Seems like a great system to me.

I put names on a dart board under my ex-finance's picture and throw. Seems like a great system to me.

lol, that sounds like a system where the dart is very difficult to remove once thrown....

BirmNotts.png

OK I am in, essentially -5.5 at -104

Uh oh. St. Mary's is a system play for me. Selling a point for +4.5 +120

Maybe I should just keep it to myself when that happens.

It doesn't matter who Monkey, Bread or Mudcat have, it only matters who Fishhead has.

Guys, who is Fishhead on?