• Views 2,145 Views

betplom

RPM
Since
Jan 27, 2010
Score
Tokens
Biopic on hockey commentator airs on CBC in two parts Sunday and Monday

Read more: http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/story/2010/03/24/sp-biopic-doncherry.html#ixzz0jIzbkHnc

Don Cherry is on the set of Hockey Night in Canada during a press conference for Keep Your Head Up, Kid: The Don Cherry Story a new movie about the legendary hockey commentator's life.

A photographer snaps his photo, and when the job is done, he asks Cherry if he will take a photo with his son, who stands nearby in a Boston Bruins shirt.
"Of course," says Cherry.

The photographer snaps a few photos then switches spots with his son to get his own photo taken, with a thumbs-up pose.

"You always tell it like it is Don," the man says. "I can't tell you how much we appreciate that about you."

Better than words, the scene tells the story of Cherry's place in Canadian hockey. Love him or hate him, he is one of the most recognizable faces in the sport. The kind of face professional photographers will go out of their way to get a personal photo with.

It's a face that we've seen for decades on Coach's Corner, in Rock 'Em Sock 'Em videos, and showing up at random rinks across the country. But Keep Your Head Up, Kid portrays a Don Cherry that will be new to many.

The four-hour television movie airs on CBC in two parts on Sunday, March 28 and Monday, March 29.

don-cherry.jpg

This can't be your proudest moment.

wtf is he wearing...

need that jacket damnit

wow..impressive guy

i had no idea who he is, now i must learn more

Fuck Don Cherry!!!

The only good thing about him is that he openly dislikes the frenchie separatists.

I'll never forget when he used to go on his Sidney Crosby bashing rants and how he will get KILLEd playing in the NHL. 1 week after he called him a hot dog his restaurant in HAlifax closed for good due to people refusing to put a foot inhis establishment.

I honestly thik the guy is a tool.

Plommer why in the fuck did you haev to start a thread about Don Cherry so close to the end of my day? The guy is a moron.

wow..impressive guy

i had no idea who he is, now i must learn more

Don't waste your time Kato. He wears the ugliest jackets on TV just to get a charge out of people. He made himself famous by running his mouth on TV and crying when he pays tribute to Canada's fallen soldiers. Not that there's anything wrong with that. He just knows how to market himself, but he's still a blubbering fool. CBC should have canned his ass long ago.

I read his book a long time ago and I think I would watch this (if I remember). I don't agree with everything he says but he has led an interesting life and is a good guy in a lot of ways.

Plommer why in the fuck did you haev to start a thread about Don Cherry so close to the end of my day? The guy is a moron.

I don't know what team you cheer for pal, but Leaf fans love him, he is a Leaf homer.

I like him, he is good clean fun.

Plommer, I wouldn't care if he owned the Leafs. The guy is a douchebag. All he does is runs his mouth. I agree with maybe 10% of what he says, but I also often turn down the volume when he's on cause it's the same old shit every Saturday night. His shtick is old!!!

since i am a total retard in regards to hockey, i will take pucks advice

i may try to get the red flowered jacket though

Plommer, I wouldn't care if he owned the Leafs. The guy is a douchebag. All he does is runs his mouth. I agree with maybe 10% of what he says, but I also often turn down the volume when he's on cause it's the same old shit every Saturday night. His shtick is old!!!

Pucker to be 100% honest I am indifferent to him. I can take it or leave it, if he disappeared from HNIC I probably wouldn't even notice at first.
He isn't extremely interesting on TV but he doesn't annoy me. Cherry is an icon though.

The fact that he riles guys up so easily is impressive, I'll admit that.

I know I will be interested in the TV movie about him, he has lived an interesting and eventful life.

Fair enough PLommer, but just a heads up that he is very much Pro Gary Bettman. I'm sure you know this though.

What a flamer. Do you cunts listen to Elton John and Liberace while you watch hockey? I'm starting to understand some things about Canadians.