FIFA World Cup 2014 First Match June 12, 2014

• Start date
  • Replies 846 Comments
  • Views 31,885 Views
It looks like he may have lowered his shoulder right under it, but yeah, hard to tell.

I think its good for Brazil that they have another game. You don't wanna end on that note. A bronze medal is an accomplishment after all. They will be eager to show that the other game was a fluke by having a strong game Saturday. That game is huge imo

IMO WALLY, Brazil will be highly motivated to win at home and in the aftermath of the sodomizing Germany thrust upon them.

Yup.

what are they singing about, Diego?

A strong Brazil showing sounds good in theory but in practice, I doubt it

I can only compare it to hockey and curling in Canada. If Canada loses a semi, there are always a few (nave) people who trot out the same eager-for-redemption-in-the-bronze-game theory but it just doesn't happen. It's gold or who-cares? My tournament is over. Why am I still here?

It has been a pretty reliable bet over the decades, going against Canada in a Bronze medal game in those sports.

I would guess soccer in Brazil is similar but I could be wrong.

The one saving grace for Brazil is Netherlands probably feels the same way. Some obscure just-glad-to-be-there countries would find Bronze meaningful and have some good energy for it but Netherlands is probably pretty deflated right now too.

But not as much as Brazil.

Yeah Maradona with the fans making fun of Brazil.

eh Muddy, thats North American mentality

also not nice making fun of Brazil. They better worry about not getting spanked themselves

when have Argentinians been nice, this is euphoric

Well without getting any deeper into any mind-reading based debating, I am hereby placing 2.3 cubic litres of air on Netherlands in the bronze medal game.

Who wants to come at me over this? Put your air where your typing fingers are and come at me, bro!

:fearpanic:

I'll take that bet, Mudcat. I got Brazil.

Loser has to stand on their balcony and blow 2.3 cubic litres of air the winner's way.

there were even some fans and a argentinian tv show mocking neymars injury. there must be alot of hatred there, pretty horrible stuff.

That song that maradona is singing is to bad moon rising

Last edited:
I'll take that bet, Mudcat. I got Brazil.

Loser has to stand on their balcony and blow 2.3 cubic litres of air the winner's way.

Nice of you not to point out that litres are already a measure of volume and therefore my specifying "cubic" was kind of, you know, doltish.

I first typed cubic feet then I saw that you had put in litres.

Square litres = not a thing.

I do have Argentina in the final but they haven't played very well

Had Brazil as well but that went out the door in quite a fashion

I think Argentina CAN win it, but I'll be on Germany to win in 120 min

Both Argentina and Germany have done very well in horse years so it's honestly a toss up for me

I like Brazil to bounce back and win vs. Netherlands

I found it interesting how the site put the little double-pips over the i in nave.

There, it did it again. I didn't do that. I wouldn't know how.

That was gamelive dot com looking after me.

Noice.