Even Jaguar Fans Don't Want Tebow

Polaroid

I need a tittle
Since
Jan 21, 2010
Score
Tokens
After a disaster of a SEC Championship game and with a fumble laden appearance at the Senior Bowl, it is safe to say that Tim Tebow's draft stock has plummeted over the last few months. But at least he could console himself that he was wanted somewhere, back home with the Jacksonville Jaguars. Whatever happened in the draft, the Jaguars would be there to pick their iconic resident since as we were told numerous times it would get the fans through the door for the failing franchise.

Just one thing - it didn't seem like anyone consulted the fans before. On Tuesday the Jaguars GM Gene Smith took part in the teams first Fan Forum, an event open to season ticket holders, which held a poll asking if the team should draft Tebow. The result was that a surprising 55% of the 800 season ticket holders didn't want Tebow drafted by the Jaguars.

halfmaacc.jpg

Jacksonville hold the #10 pick in the 2010 draft but, after trading away their second round pick to the New England Patriots, their next one comes mid way through the 3rd round at #74 by which time it is assumed that one team will have pulled the trigger on Tebow. Perhaps the football club should listen to the fans who presumably think that having a high potential draft pick on their team will fill the seats better than Mr Intangibles.

Reports are that this guy also only scored a 22 on his Wonderlic. Not very good for a QB, especially one that is trying to improve his stock.

Has it been decided that they will NOT be drafting him or is it the case that the fans have spoken but the management will do what they want anyway?

what is the Wonerlic?
the NFL SAT or something?

A couple of surprising things:

1. Jacksonville only got 800 season ticket holders to respond.
2. I thought Tebone was home schooled before he went to college and he was always touted as a smart guy. I think even real dumbass quarterbacks like anyone from LSU, or Michael Vick scored higher than a 22.

If I was a Jags fan, I wouldn't want them to draft Tebow. Not before, like, the 5th round anyway. Great college player but I just don't see him as that great a pro prospect.

If I'm a fan, I want to win - and memories of college greatness aren't going to get that done.

what is the Wonerlic?
the NFL SAT or something?

IQ test. Sam Bradford scored like a 36 or something. The rest of the QB's were all at best in the 22-25 range from what I saw.

I think he was home schooled as an adolescent.
he grew up in some 3rd world village I belive and I've heard the schools there arent up to par

Has it been decided that they will NOT be drafting him or is it the case that the fans have spoken but the management will do what they want anyway?

This is one of the bigger stories of the draft so there's no end of opinions since it's always a good story to fill in 10 minutes of ESPN when it's a slow news day and most of those are liberal with the truth. However, looking at what has been said, Tebow definitely wants to play for the Jaguars (and I'm sure he's aware of his worth in the NFL). The Jaguars have spoken before that he would be a good option despite his "talent" since he would get people into the stadium, being a local boy and everything. And boy do they need help getting people into the stadium. That kind of assumes that the fans would prefer having a local boy on the team going 3-13 over actually drafting a talent who can make them contenders - the poll shows that the fans (like any fans) would prefer the latter.