Earthquake in Chile, Tsunami alert in the Pacific

• Start date
  • Replies 35 Comments
  • Views 3,340 Views
OMG! A 8.8! TG it wasn't in a densely populated area!

Empty out the bank accounts folks. World gonna end.

Empty out the bank accounts folks. World gonna end.

Because if the world ends...or money is really going to be useful...haha

like we care about that shit on this forum

Great, now were are going to get the give us money because we don't know how to build buildings in eathquake prone areas relief fund request. I'm sick of it people, if you have a natural disaster happen to you, it is your fault for not preparing. If you live by the river and it floods, tough shit, you should have seen it coming. If you live in the valley somewhere in the rocky montains, and you get hit by a avalanche, guess what you could have prevented it. If you live in Florida and a giant hurricane comes by and wipes you out, again you had your oppurtunity to counter act the threat. From now on, I'm only givng money to natural disasters that happen in places where it isn't likely to happen such as a snow avalanche in Miami, or perhaps a flood on top of Mt. Rainer in Washington.

If an 8.8 earthquake hits New York City or Chicago the fatalities will be in the millions. No building above 2 stories can't survive this crap. This earthquake was more powerful than the bombing of Dresden.

Last edited:
ya 8.8 is definitely disaster time no matter how much you prepare

If Florida breaks off from the mainland and sinks into the ocean, I want you guys to know that I loved you.

xoxo

You guys are wrong, all around the ring of fire, there are several countries such as Japan and even in the U.S. there are buildings built to withstand large earthquakes. Believe it or not, it isn't that hard. They have entire high rise buildings build on ball bearings, so they can roll with it, and on the tops of these buildings, they have damping systems with giant counter weights that will make the shaking less dramatic. I believe that Japan has even implemented its anti godzilla building as well as a way to protect its population fro disaster. I'm not saying that all buildings in these area are earthquake proof, but the methods exist to build buildings better.

I heard Japan just had a doozy of an earthquake too. 7.8 on the Richter scale, off Okinawa. The whole Ring of Fire seems to be agitated today. I'm feeling very fortunate that I live so close to the triple fault junction of the Pacific, North American and Gorda tectonic plates. We have minor earthquakes every day which releases the tension on the faults, keeping the immediate coastline pretty safe from tectonic activity.

http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE61P4YN20100226

http://woodshole.er.usgs.gov/operations/obs/rmobs_pub/html/mendocino.html

Much construction in Chile is build to withstand earthquakes, it's not Haiti.

You know its over when that giant turtle shows up. You know the one with the jet pack on its ass. It is full armegedon time when the 3 headed flying thing shows up as well of the coast of monster island.

Much construction in Chile is build to withstand earthquakes, it's not Haiti.

You're right durito, Chile has implemented some of the earthquake proofing I speak of. They may even be in the best shape of all the countries to do it, because they got wipe out by the biggest ever in the '60s I think.

You know its over when that giant turtle shows up. You know the one with the jet pack on its ass. It is full armegedon time when the 3 headed flying thing shows up as well of the coast of monster island.

:lmao: nice