Don Cherry Fired from HNIC

• Start date
  • Replies 28 Comments
  • Views 1,852 Views
What this idiot and the rest of his ilk don't know that MILLIONS of brown soldiers fought as part of British army and hundreds of thousands were killed and wounded in World Wars I and II. They were usually first in the line of fire. Cannon fodder. Canadian contribution pales in comparison. Bitching about poppy.

But, when you can have brown/blackface Prime Minister, let him have his job too.

Except that he did. Truth is, poppies are suddenly not as popular as they used to be. It's especially striking around downtown Toronto, across all segments of the population. If he had said "everyone out there needs to get a poppy", he would've made a valid point and kept his job.

But to single out "immigrants" (he was actually singling out non-whites, cause there's no way you can tell who's an immigrant here without talking to them) is typical Eurocolonial, white-supremacist, nostalgic-old-stock-Canadian nonsense.

Fuck Don Cherry. Never mind the fact that he was given a pass for so long for spewing shit about European and French Canadian players. He's a fucking ruhtard who drinks on the job.
i hear what you are saying. Makes sense.

Question: What the fuck is a poppie?
:rolling:
I haven't heard about them until about 5 years ago. Nowadays, these pricks go from one ornament to the next every week. is it pink shoe month in the NFL? probably.

Poppies have been around since I was a kid. They are definitely not new.

It's a plastic flower that one pins to their clothing around Remembrance Day (your Veterans Day) to commemorate World War veterans. You buy them in supermarkets, corner stores and the like - the money goes to widows and families of disabled/dead veterans.

I was in the sea cadets as a kid and they made us stand outside stores to actively sell them. I try to always get one from a cadet now.
I see these poor kids like you standing in front of my grocery store, getting in people's way. Selling some made up charity or cookies. I mean these are like four year olds they are abusing, indoctrinating em early, preparing em for a lifetime of selling yourself. :eek:

What this idiot and the rest of his ilk don't know that MILLIONS of brown soldiers fought as part of British army and hundreds of thousands were killed and wounded in World Wars I and II. They were usually first in the line of fire. Cannon fodder. Canadian contribution pales in comparison. Bitching about poppy.

But, when you can have brown/blackface Prime Minister, let him have his job too.
good point. I don't remember Canada being invaded anyway :thinking:

Some of those tweets are great :lmao: "it's like you never spoke to an 85 year old before"
I'm much more offended by the notion that the corporate media can sensor anyone so easily, than anything he might say.

Black face Prime Minister and then this.

Is Canada more racist than it's rival to the south?

And the thing that particularly bothers me about the Cherry affair is, here is this guy who they used for his opinionated, provocative shtick.
And then they shit on him for basically being that same guy.
..I just say that now, cause they're showing his sidekick sitting there alone, with some other clowns they found :hey: