• Start date
  • Replies 17 Comments
  • Views 1,520 Views

Boner_18

Since
Oct 5, 2010
Score
Tokens
Been seeing a lot of Cabellas and Bass Pro Shops ads featuring african americans (including some women). Do black people hunt? I can't imagine that's a large demo worth targeting... Maybe I'm wrong.

According to the rap songs they like guns.

Sidewise Grip is best technique for hunting wild game supposedly.

my favorite are pharmaceutical ads with interracial couples

>:(🤦 What in the hell make you think "they" don't? They are human, yes? they enjoy and partake in the same activities as everyone else, yes?
Yes, they also like to hunt and fish. I'm sure those from the cities might not enjoy it as much as those from the country.....hunting isn't so much a colored thing, as much as an environment thing. Just all depends on where you're at.

Just because the media has primarily promoted whites on television and adds, doesn't magically alter the rest of the world and their participation in it.

ok - edit, it's not a race thing, it's a location thing.
I really have to stop talking to people before my morning coffee lol

I’ll be honest, Ive never met an African American hunter.

Don't get me started on coloreds, and orientals.

But they've gotta be a relatively small demo, right? Even in the same geographic area, same disposable income - a greater portion of whites are hunting... I mean I guess not. I'm sure bass pro and cabellas have done the focus groups/crunched the numbers or whatever. But seems odd to me.

Maybe they thinking the white customers appreciate the thought that blacks are hunting even if they're not. :thinking:
Think about it, do you figure all the token blacks and gays and whatever's they include in all shows, commercials etc, is done for benefit of the whites who wanna feel good about their "inclusive" corporations? I do.
...:dunno: just a thought

but, the question is, why would hunting gear be any less appealing to their customers just because a minority is presenting it? that's the problem. In all honestly, you are seeing you more minorities in adds because they have been pushing for that for a long time. Their communities felt greatly oppressed because every last damn commercial was only white people, like as if white people were the only people on earth and the only people who use stuff. I am sure in part, the add is meant to gain more customers, but, it also to honor and promote equity and equality among the people.

Show me the ad of an lgbt 🏳️‍🌈 member hunting.
how? how would you know short of men dressed in drag, that they were gay? what would an lgbt add look like?

Just like other ads with gays (they exist and it's obvious) - same sex duos expressing affection (hugging, holding hands, kissing).

Two dudes in full camo, in a duck blind, shotguns in hand, making out.

I feel like that would be a pretty far fetched commercial, at least for hunting, I mean I can't even think off of the top of my head, an add I've seen of a heterosexual couple hunting together, that were being affectionate. I know homosexual adds exist, and in some cases, yes, they make it apparent, just like they would any other couple. Oh my gosh, so many parents would straight lose their shit if there dudes making out, even in a commercial lol

Just like other ads with gays (they exist and it's obvious) - same sex duos expressing affection (hugging, holding hands, kissing).

Two dudes in full camo, in a duck blind, shotguns in hand, making out.

Scopin' targets and Jimdogs.

how? how would you know short of men dressed in drag, that they were gay? what would an lgbt add look like?
Considering that LGBT people put out billboards and apparel geared towards their demographic, I’m pretty sure it wouldn’t be hard.