Daft, You Get...

• Start date
  • Replies 19 Comments
  • Views 1,257 Views
Interesting gamble for Florida. Worth a shot with the Cubs picking up the majority of the deal. Hard thing is to keep him focused. Ozzie being a player's manager isn't the type of manager Carlos needs.

I'd use him as a spot starter and bullpen guy, while giving him starts at DH in interleague and a few games at 1b and rf on sundays

Easy to play in Miami. No pressure. He'll be fine.

Do Miami papers even cover the Marlins?

Yes, the Miami Herald and Sun Sentinel cover the Marlins.

Do they know shit about baseball? Not really. But very few baseball writers know shit about baseball.

Daffy if Zambrano and Guillen got into a fight during a game, and you were there front row box seats next to the dugout. If Zambrano took his sharpened cleats off his feat and held them to Ozzie's neck, would you be authorized to get on the field to aid security/police as an off duty cop? Daffy, lets say your boys aren't with you, and you have your sidearm..... do you think you'd be able to shoot zambrano in his big fat head to save Ozzie's life?

I'd double tap Zambrano in the chest in a HEART BEAT to save Ozzie AND the Marlins morale

Zambrano had the means and ability to take Ozzie's life in your scenario. Deadly force is justified.

*mall cop deadly force which means you suffocate him with gift wrap

I appreciate your the time and candor in your answer.... I know you don't like to talk "shop" when you aren't working

I could also easily see a 14 game winning streak occurring after your justified gift wrap smother

2013 Marlins could very well be incorporating :boxcleanersdaddy: into their logo

I still can't believe he was sleeping with a gun under his pillow :ohmy:

I like this move by the Marlins

Not going to cost them that much money and it is his last year on contract

Zambrano knows this is most likely his last shot at getting another contract after next year

Since the marlins are picking up 2005 All Stars, can they take Soriano also?

Doesn't he have 3 or 4 years left on his contract? I remember him signing an 8 year contract in '06 or '07. Good luck trying to dump that much money on someone. Plus, doesn't me have a no trade clause?

Maybe my Angels would take him. They were stupid enough to take Vernon Wells and his horseshit contract :choo:

Doesn't he have 3 or 4 years left on his contract? I remember him signing an 8 year contract in '06 or '07. Good luck trying to dump that much money on someone. Plus, doesn't me have a no trade clause?

Maybe my Angels would take him. They were stupid enough to take Vernon Wells and his horseshit contract :choo:

3 more years. My fav AL team is the Angels and think they have enough wasted salaries.

Logan Morrison OPS for 2011: .797

Alfonso Soriano OPS: .757

You can keep him.

I got asked last night by someone "who the fuck is Daft"

Answer: "He's kind of a big deal"