• Replies 40 Comments
  • Views 4,644 Views

UntilTheNDofTimE

At the tables
Since
Jan 30, 2010
Score
Tokens
Just got the chase southwest visa. Was planning to charge the mortgage on it every month but didnt realize you couldnt do that( thats not the reason i got the card anyways, got it for the 2 free roundtrips). Does anyone know of any creative ways to spend money on credit cards and get rewards. Thecold tricks were sending yourself a payment on paypal and Buying $1 face value coins. Any other ways i can pump some more things onto this card. I sell apple cards at 98% of face value which makes it worth the loss with the points but the fees would kill it.

buy me a townhouse in the West Village?

My mom used to by travelers checks every month. They haven't allowed that for years.

Timer:

Buy a TV for $1500 from Best Buy.

Do a "split transaction" meaning you use two credit cards, use the Chase Visa for $1200 and another Visa card for the balance.

Wait a few days and return the TV, get the refund processed to the NON Chase card!

Rinse/repeat.

You can do this with high end items and it doesn't have to be at Best Buy.

Plommer has used similar schemes for converting gift cards and merchandise back to cash.

Plommer is a bit of a criminal.

Timer:

Do a "split transaction" meaning you use two credit cards, use the Chase Visa for $1200 and another Visa card for the balance.

Wait a few days and return the TV, get the refund processed to the NON Chase card!

Rinse/repeat.

Plommer has used similar schemes for converting gift cards and merchandise back to cash.

Theyll actually re-credit it this way? Thanks a lot if this is true!

Also do they return the entire purchase price? No restocking fee? I thought best buy had a 15% fee there. And you get the e waste tax returned as well? Thnx plomer

Theyll actually re-credit it this way? Thanks a lot if this is true!

I've done it in the past, you will have better luck with Walmart or department stores, Best Buy was probably a bad example.

Just make sure you use two VISA cards and not a mix of Visa and Mastercard.

Most people that work in the return departments don't really pay close attention as long as you have a receipt.

Make sure not to open the item so they will have no reason to hassle you.

You probably have plenty of department stores to choose from.

Home Depot or Lowes will probably work as well. Buy power tools and then return them.

I've done it in the past, you will have better luck with Walmart or department stores, Best Buy was probably a bad example.

Just make sure you use two VISA cards and not a mix of Visa and Mastercard.

Most people that work in the return departments don't really pay close attention as long as you have a receipt.

Make sure not to open the item so they will have no reason to hassle you.

You probably have plenty of department stores to choose from.

Home Depot or Lowes will probably work as well. Buy power tools and then return them.

Thanks again plommer

Timer:

Rinse/repeat.

:lol:

:highfive:

I pay for all of my insurance premiums with my credit card.... Surprisingly enough gasoline, groceries and alcohol can add quite a bit to your balance every month. If you smoke, buy your ciggys by the carton and charge those too. Dont forget all your xmas supplies..

My credit card gives me 5% cash back. So if you lets say spend $2000 a month like all your bills put them on the card you get about $100 back. Multiply that by 12 months and you can buy 3-4 airline tickets with that cash. The point is earning airline miles is not the best way to fly free.

damn, i wish i could find the wal-mart video :lmao:
:cop:

:lmao: you mean me and cami returning the ps3 controller that was stuck on top of my truck for 6 months?

If you do, well played RR

<-----confirmed hipocrite