Coronavirus

• Start date
  • Replies 3,013 Comments
  • Views 168,480 Views
The other thing is the illusion of "cautiousness" that these people tout as their underlying justification for full lockdown.

A full lockdown was always only the "cautious" approach if the ONLY thing you're cautious about is reducing loss of life ONLY from covid - which is a sham and we know it.

We all got crucified for responding to the "its the cautious approach" argument with the question "but, cautious about what?" Not necessarily by @Vegas Dave - he often acknowledged that if you value life less than he (or not even less but by some alternate meeasure) he had no beef with that.

Covid sucks. It sucked before, and it still sucks now. But we def got this, we always did. Im not willing or able to asign grades to policiticians, segments of society or any one community. Collectively, we're all doing a pretty dang good job.

I'm thankful for the people who resisted, protested, opened their businesses, fought the power, when it wasn't popular. To me those people are always most admirable. :clap:
I'm also thankful that the President pushed for reopening, and more or less resisted the fearmongering of the media and whatever forces.

otherwise we might really be screwed by now.

Open the poker rooms God damnit
6 player games here. Opened few weeks ago. I would actually enjoy a 6 handed game. But sitting around the table with these clowns in masks doesn't sound too appealing at this point

The other thing is the illusion of "cautiousness" that these people tout as their underlying justification for full lockdown.

A full lockdown was always only the "cautious" approach if the ONLY thing you're cautious about is reducing loss of life ONLY from covid - which is a sham and we know it.

We all got crucified for responding to the "its the cautious approach" argument with the question "but, cautious about what?" Not necessarily by @Vegas Dave - he often acknowledged that if you value life less than he (or not even less but by some alternate meeasure) he had no beef with that.

Covid sucks. It sucked before, and it still sucks now. But we def got this, we always did. Im not willing or able to asign grades to policiticians, segments of society or any one community. Collectively, we're all doing a pretty dang good job.
Matty is the evil one not Dave

Right on man. I wouldn't want to play 6 handed with the proud and the few locals in masks either. My places are saying they will consider reopening New Year's, so we'll see

:thinking: masks probably a good way to avoid tells. Probably more effective than the sunglasses, now that I think about it

pretty crazy how these guys are censoring the White House, censoring the President. :yikes: Aside from the fact that no ones opinion should be censored, it begs the question: Who's supposed to be running the country? I know the whole election thing is a farce. But aren't we supposed to believe that our elected President is in charge? Wouldn't attempts to silence the White House be considered, at the very least, ruining our democracy? :dunno:
btw I agree with what this Atlas fella says in the interview. Especially the part about lockdowns being an attempt by the privileged to further bury the poor.

^Because nutbags like this are getting people needlessly killed. Christ, Reno, wear a fucking mask.

I mean virtually all countries, scientists, experts are in agreement that wearing masks helps reduce the spread. Of course it doesn't eliminate it, but it helps. All you do is hand-pick the occasional person going against the grain and make THEM out to be the ones telling the truth and EVERYONE ELSE is in on a big conspiracy. Toss in a :dunno: or a :thinking: and call it a day.

^Because nutbags like this are getting people needlessly killed. Christ, Reno, wear a fucking mask.
That's your opinion. And an erroneous one at that. The obsession with masks is more harmful than it is helpful.
But the big point I'm making, which apparently you want to ignore, is how is it OK to censor people?
Especially ones in government, whose job it is to make policy. We are not allowed to hear their views? That doesn't bother you?
To me it's absolutely insane. And it's further evidence that the bs we are fed is nothing more than agenda driven garbage.

I mean virtually all countries, scientists, experts are in agreement that wearing masks helps reduce the spread. Of course it doesn't eliminate it, but it helps. All you do is hand-pick the occasional person going against the grain and make THEM out to be the ones telling the truth and EVERYONE ELSE is in on a big conspiracy. Toss in a :dunno: or a :thinking: and call it a day.
It doesn't occur to you that your perception of experts being in agreement is due to the fact that reasonable people are not only not invited on msm, but are sensored by these disgusting social media platforms. Basically unelected mega corporate oligarchy is setting agenda for the nation.
This is not a problem?

Reno, I wear a mark roughly 9 hours a day, 5 days a week now.

How are they bad for me?