Coronavirus

• Start date
  • Replies 3,013 Comments
  • Views 170,233 Views
Vagabond, you ever been pistol whipped?

This was my point. This doesn't seem to be a question at all for you. You seem pretty damn positive that the quarantine and businesses being shutdown is a mistake/wrong. Or am I understanding incorrectly?
I've been presenting my view that shutdowns are wrong for the people, at least in the way they have been done and presented. And also try to give some clues as to why it's being done.
Yes Trump caved. He knows he's not an expert and had to defer to others. It would take a hell of a man, bigger than Trump, to trust his feelings, and go against that kind of enormous pressure, and risk bearing the burden for everything. Especially that he knows, his haters will jump on him for any little thing they can imagine.
I'm currently watching Trump interviewed by the other sided scum bags, Fox. They are trying to get him to blame China, Russia, Iran for doing something ... And he's kinda fending em off. It's pretty amazing to see. The guy has some back bone, easily the most realist President in my lifetime. But he cannot stand up to the overwhelming pressure of the warmongers on one side and the crybabies on the other.

20:40 Trump response is great. The guy still tries to talk over him "well I believe it"

What's concerning is that high-profile people like Bill Gates have decided to believe in the Chinese numbers, which directly influences their thinking and decision-making.

I believe the Chinese numbers too as much as I believe the US numbers

If you followed how the Hubei lock down was executed we could see how towns and villages were barricaded down to the neighborhood and street level, people literally couldn't exit beyond their streets even in tiny villages with sentinels at every check point, 8 weeks like that with total non movement 5 of those weeks with grocery deliveries

now if we observe how they have ease those restrictions we can deduce epidemic level, nothing special about China

Over 500 US coronavirus deaths reported today, but at least we have My Pillow Guy at the White House!

static.politico.jpg

Grown ass men in NYC enchanted by the hospital ship. Social distancing be damned.

26592962-8167815-image-a-73_1585584169876.jpg

26591616-8167815-Crowds_of_New_Yorkers_at_the_New_York_Harbor_on_Monday_for_the_a-a-1_1585613438766.jpg

look at those fukers standing in the bike land with a dog

now that pisses me off

Steve, would you do the runner chick?

That one did require some thought. Good question Archie.

It would really depend on the conversation and how we click.

look at those fukers standing in the bike land with a dog

now that pisses me off

Steve, would you do the runner chick?

I might have to make runner chick my new avatar. I think I'm in love.

^Literally 10 seconds after I post this, my fiance texts me to say "hi". How do they KNOW?!?

post from my friend's chicago cop blog

I can't imagine being a police officer in a big city during all this, in a shittily run bereaucracy

Twelve hour days are right around the corner it seems:
  • About 6% of the entire Chicago Police Department was on sick leave Monday as the COVID-19 pandemic continued to have an impact on city operations.

More than 800 Chicago police employees — most of them sworn officers, though some civilians as well — were out sick with wide-ranging ailments, but the increased numbers also were likely due to employees who took time off for precautionary measures due to the coronavirus, CPD officials said.
And then this fantasy number again:
  • The department has more than 13,000 sworn officers and several hundred more civilian employees.
Who keeps spreading this number around? We haven't had over 12,000 since the Clinton money ran out around 2000. Now we're supposed to believe it's over 13,000? Someone has been smoking the airport stash of surrendered weed again.

We've heard OEMC is already cancelling 4th and 5th Period furloughs in preparing for the worst case scenario.

This is what I'm afraid of:

Any country’s success with containment could be tenuous, and the world could remain on a kind of indefinite lockdown.

Even when the number of new cases starts to fall, travel barriers and bans in many places may persist until a vaccine or treatment is found.

We're in this mess for a long time, folks.