Since
May 8, 2019
Score
Tokens
Canadian Dollar to US Dollar Conversion
$2,000CAD = $1,441.89USD
1 USD = 1.38707 CAD
1 CAD = 0.720944 USD

What are the eligibility criteria for the Canada Emergency Response Benefit?
https://www.canada.ca/en/services/benefits/ei/cerb-application/confirmation.html

Coronavirus: All CERB claims to be approved, feds will check eligibility later.
https://globalnews.ca/news/6804623/coronavirus-all-cerb-applications-approved/

Any person who applies for the Canada Emergency Response Benefit (CERB) will be automatically approved for COVID-19 financial relief, regardless of whether they qualify for the funding or not, the federal employment minister confirmed on Friday.

As first reported by the Toronto Star, the government isn’t asking people to provide documents proving their income as part of the claims process but it will review the applications’ veracity down the road, Carla Qualtrough said during a daily news conference with federal officials.

“We will, whether it be in the upcoming weeks or at tax time next year, reconcile accounts and make sure people didn’t game the system,” Qualtrough said.

Last edited:
Matty you gonna get some of these money?

Unlikely. Good to know it's there if I need it though.

Unlikely. Good to know it's there if I need it though.
Every Canadian that applies gets approved and will receive the payments. If the government determines later that you are ineligible there is no penalty or interest. The Federal govt seems to be encouraging citizens to apply.

Every Canadian that applies gets approved and will receive the payments. If the government determines later that you are ineligible there is no penalty or interest. The Federal govt seems to be encouraging citizens to apply.

I know, but business is actually good for me right now. Lots of nerds stuck at home with guitars they suddenly have time to work on.

That might change in a few months though. And I did stop working for a while. I could probably justify asking for one payment for the 2nd half of March. I'll see what my accountant guy says.

It's been made clear that there will be no penalties imposed if CRA at a later date determines an applicant was ineligible.

https://www.huffingtonpost.ca/entry/cer ... e531f055be

A senior Liberal official told HuffPost Canada that Canadians in need can apply for the CERB without any penalties.

There will be “no fines” for misuse, the official said. The Canada Revenue Agency will send notification to people who have either received too much money or were not eligible for the payments that they have a certain amount of time to pay the money back without penalty, he said.

I know, but business is actually good for me right now. Lots of nerds stuck at home with guitars they suddenly have time to work on.

That might change in a few months though. And I did stop working for a while. I could probably justify asking for one payment for the 2nd half of March. I'll see what my accountant guy says.
Glad to hear it pal. Remember, if you need anything smuggled in to or out of the USA let me know, I have connections here in Windsor. I'm talking scuba divers and men with boats. I'm always looking for ways to make a few extra bucks.

$850 a week in states

Suck on that plomberg

SONNNNKKKKKK

:usa:

Also not everyone in the US is entitled to the $600.

Who’s getting $600 a week in the States?

<————not this guy

True- $600 for just the stimulus. Is every Canuck entitled to that $1400?

True- $600 for just the stimulus. Is every Canuck entitled to that $1400?

Nah, just those of have lost work/income because of the pandemic. You're allowed to make up to 1000 a month and still claim the 2000 govt monies.

$850 a week in states

Suck on that plomberg

SONNNNKKKKKK

:usa:
CERB ($2000 a month) is just ONE of at least THREE current entitlement programs offered by the governement of Canada to help its citizens finacially due to the COVID pandemic.

The CEWS, which has a much more complicated design, covers 75 per cent of employee wages for eligible businesses that saw dramatic declines in revenue after provincial governments forced many businesses to close in an effort to curtail the spread of the virus.

The subsidy is capped at $847 per week per worker for a period of up to 12 weeks, starting retroactively on March 15 and ending on June 6.