Cool College Baseball Page

• Start date
  • Replies 6 Comments
  • Views 934 Views
I like betting on college baseball playoffs. Drew Brees' brother won me a shitload of money a few years ago.

My Hoos are about to be #1 when the new polls come out.

Edit: I guess the poll came out yesterday. UVA #1 team in the nation according to Baseball America. First time ever.

Collegiate Baseball Newspaper (the oldest of the four college baseball polls still being produced) ranks my Beavers 10th, but only has the Hoos at #5. There's never more variation in these polls than the first few weeks of the season, we'll achieve more concensus by mid-March.

http://www.baseballnews.com/polls/divI/currentpolldivI.htm

We're still very new at being good in baseball Scholar. It will take a while before we understand all these nuances. All I know is the Hoos are stacked from top to bottom. They just won 2 of 3 at ECU (#11 at the time) and their coach said it was the best lineup he's seen in his 5 seasons at ECU. And UVA's calling card is actually pitching and defense. They're supposed to be quite a bit better than last season, and they gave LSU all they could handle in the CWS last year.

Then take it from a guy who just recently saw his alma mater burst onto the collegiate baseball scene for the first time in history.

Involve yourself in the season, go to a couple games, collect programs and souvenirs, and enjoy yourself along the way. When I was a student at Oregon State, we sucked at damend near everything, the highlight of the athletics department was the wrestling team. It wasn't until after I graduated that we started to kick ass in football and baseball, but it didn't matter. Some of the best memories of my life and best friends I made came from rooting on those Beaver championship teams. Now I totally understand why people want to identify with something bigger than themselves.