Cool College Baseball Page

• Start date
  • Replies 6 Comments
  • Views 923 Views
I like betting on college baseball playoffs. Drew Brees' brother won me a shitload of money a few years ago.

My Hoos are about to be #1 when the new polls come out.

Edit: I guess the poll came out yesterday. UVA #1 team in the nation according to Baseball America. First time ever.

We're still very new at being good in baseball Scholar. It will take a while before we understand all these nuances. All I know is the Hoos are stacked from top to bottom. They just won 2 of 3 at ECU (#11 at the time) and their coach said it was the best lineup he's seen in his 5 seasons at ECU. And UVA's calling card is actually pitching and defense. They're supposed to be quite a bit better than last season, and they gave LSU all they could handle in the CWS last year.

Then take it from a guy who just recently saw his alma mater burst onto the collegiate baseball scene for the first time in history.

Involve yourself in the season, go to a couple games, collect programs and souvenirs, and enjoy yourself along the way. When I was a student at Oregon State, we sucked at damend near everything, the highlight of the athletics department was the wrestling team. It wasn't until after I graduated that we started to kick ass in football and baseball, but it didn't matter. Some of the best memories of my life and best friends I made came from rooting on those Beaver championship teams. Now I totally understand why people want to identify with something bigger than themselves.