Connecticut school shooting

• Start date
  • Replies 453 Comments
  • Views 25,165 Views
You don't need all that. Just the presence of 4 security guards with german sheppards patrolling the perimeter of the school and parking lots would be adequate.

I was going with cost effectiveness Pavy. The initial cost would be great but the continual cost less than multiple guards.

Can you show me the part of the constitution that mentions websites?

This is the only country in the world that is obsessed with a 200+ year old document. Many countries re-write theirs often.

Bingo

I don't know about making them a prison but what about like a secure military base if that helps change the perception. 10-foot chainlink fence with razor wire, one way in, one way out, armed guard at the entrance to the compound.

Sounds intense, exaggerated, maybe it does but it would serve as a deterrent and actually if it prevents situations like this past Friday who cares if it's turning our schools into prisons? It's better a prison than a cemetery.

In order to get on a military base, you have to show an ID. How is that different from going into a school? You show an ID.

all schools in Chicago are locked and you have to get buzzed in.

is it different where most of you all live?

its still very easy to get into schools. I don't think they really ever look at the camera or ask who it is on the intercom, but I just assumed that is because it is the inner city and no one really cares about doing things by the book

In order to get on a military base, you have to show an ID. How is that different from going into a school? You show an ID.

The difference is that if you go with 3 guns in a military base and start shooting you could get fired upon with tank cannons, rockets, machine guns etc. Basically your mother won't recognize you after they are done with you.

its still very easy to get into schools. I don't think they really ever look at the camera or ask who it is on the intercom, but I just assumed that is because it is the inner city and no one really cares about doing things by the book

The only thing they have at my kids school is a cop at the front..but no ID required to enter school. Just sign in the sign up sheet.

The difference is that if you go with 3 guns in a military base and start shooting you could get fired upon with tank cannons, rockets, machine guns etc. Basically your mother won't recognize you after they are done with you.

Insert witty comment here.

Last edited:

Where do you show that ID? You show it at an armed entrance. You can't walk into the back of a military base like you can most schools.

Arch, I can walk into the main lobby or any number of outer classrooms without ever being noticed here.

Where do you show that ID? You show it at an armed entrance. You can't walk into the back of a military base like you can most schools.

You would think.

I work at a school on a military base. I can safely say that there aren't tanks, cannons, rockets, and machine guns readily available at the school to fire upon anyone.

So what kind of a military base is? They don't have weapons? That doesn't make any sense.

Teela, maybe I should change military base in general to military compound where weapons are stored or whatever. Camp Blanding is the only base I have ever been too. The base itself is fairly open but where they stored artillery and equipment it is gated and armed with limited access and no unguarded access.

So what kind of a military base is? They don't have weapons? That doesn't make any sense.

Of course there are weapons there, but if something were to happen at one of the three elementary schools there, it's not like there's a cannon or machine gun right by the door.

Lanza broke a window to get into the school. Showing an ID is irrelevant in this case.

its same here for up to high school as far as I know.
my kids schools are locked up during school hours. office is as far as you can get unnoticed.
on top of that class room doors are locked during class.

I don't feel like reading all 9 pages I missed, I watched some of the presidents speech this evening, then I thought about my little girls, and I couldn't even begin to imagine the pain felt after losing one. like that. How awful. In the USA and CHINA. Just so gut wrenching. The fuck. Then I thought about, how on earth must that brother feel, to have lost his mother, to murder, by his own brother, to have his own flesh and blood murder innocent children like that, I cannot fathom how is feeling, and I feel bad for the way people might treat him. All I can say is my heart, thoughts, and prayers go out to all the are affected/effected by this.

I mostly agree that there are a lot of people and crazy shit happens. It's a new low that American's are shooting up schools, but hey my favorite solution is don't give me news from other states about various crimes, its ultimately non of my business.
I don't believe that politicians, media people etc give a shit about anybody's kids. It's all profit and pr. fuck them

That is what my boyfriend calls it. He thinks it is hilarious and I have, unfortunately and without thought, began to call it that.

I heard another woman use that term a while back, I think "shark week" is a hilarious and pretty appropriate term for that time of the month but women can be moody and get really pissed off easily. Like that saying goes "I Don't Trust Anything That Bleeds For 5 Days And Doesn't Die" . He was probably just trying to lighten the mood.