Congratulations, Blitty, the most attractive man in forumville.

• Start date
  • Replies 74 Comments
  • Views 4,720 Views
I am not an attention whore and hate talking about myself but I will answer.

My furthest HR I hit was my senior year in High School. I don't remember much about it other than it was a fastball that I crushed. It was not our field so I didn't watch it for very long to see where it landed. I do remember after the game, the coach coming over and saying it was the furthest shot he had ever see on his field and he thought it could of been up to 500ft. He said it landed in a ravine way behind. Let me see if I can pull it up on Google maps.

As far as pitching, I was upper 80's very low 90's. I was the closer in high school and then my first year in college. After that first year, the coach wanted me to just concentrate on hitting so he retired from pitching. As far as pitches so, I was kind of a one trick pony. Threw a lot fo fastballs as I had decent movement. My curve/slider kind of sucked. Had an okay change up.

I am not an attention whore and hate talking about myself but I will answer.

My furthest HR I hit was my senior year in High School. I don't remember much about it other than it was a fastball that I crushed. It was not our field so I didn't watch it for very long to see where it landed. I do remember after the game, the coach coming over and saying it was the furthest shot he had ever see on his field and he thought it could of been up to 500ft. He said it landed in a ravine way behind. Let me see if I can pull it up on Google maps.

As far as pitching, I was upper 80's very low 90's. I was the closer in high school and then my first year in college. After that first year, the coach wanted me to just concentrate on hitting so he retired from pitching. As far as pitches so, I was kind of a one trick pony. Threw a lot fo fastballs as I had decent movement. My curve/slider kind of sucked. Had an okay change up.

:bowdown: Him pro!

you guys need to make some videos

drop ball tutorial here

[video]http://www.youtube.com/user/ChiArchie#p/u/30/JKKyScE_LK8[/video]

you guys need to make some videos

drop ball tutorial here

[video]http://www.youtube.com/user/ChiArchie#p/u/30/JKKyScE_LK8[/video]

Archie, nice instructional video and excellent form on the downage of cervesas. Think married life has caused you to put on LB's though.

I remember the throwing videos from SBR days. I always remembered thinking if I had done that video without warming up, my arm would of been in a sling afterwards.

i think i puked a little in my mouth while reading this thread

I was prob 195-205 there i'm 240ish now

yeah I'm gonna hit 3 bill in about 3 years lol

its all in my stomach

I was prob 195-205 there i'm 240ish now

yeah I'm gonna hit 3 bill in about 3 years lol

its all in my stomach

Archie, with big al by your side you will not 3 bills. She is too hot to allow it.

easy Cali, we are re living our glory days

the boss throws like a girl

my tryout with the cubbies

shagging balls for one of the worst professional hitters of all time
scan0022-1.jpg

I thought I was impressive....but for some reason Big Al (she's in the background by the cages in the jeans and blue) got more attention from the coaches and players
scan0022.jpg

That's cool Arch

Last time I was on a pro field was Angels Stadium my Sophmore year in high school when we played for the state championship.

my friend is the nephew of steve trout and he got us in on this walgreens "take batting practice with the players" promotion

there were about 30 of us

we took flyballs for 10 mins groundballs for 10 and about 3 mins in the cage....

got to meet all the coaches and Lou for a handshake...

Jason Kendall and Sean Marshall and some other obscure player I don't recall were the players...

I busted Kendall's balls for being a prick in pittsburgh and not being able to hit HR's anymore...

he was legitimately pissed at me.......

jason kendall doesn't get me

Your story reminds me of the time when I was around 16 years old and went to visit my brother when he was playing minor league baseball. Anyways his team had a promotion where they picked someone out of the stands and they got 3 pitches from the pitching coach and if you hit a home run, you won a car. My brother somehow got it rigged so my name would be called to do it. So when the time came and my name was announced, I got booed because the hometown people didn't like me arriving and getting a chance.

So I go out there and I am afraid I will swing and miss. First pitch I hit a dribbler down the 3rd baseline. But the 2nd pitch, I hit deep to center field and it short hopped the wall. On the 3rd pitch, I again hit a deep ball to center. I think it has a chance but it hit the wall.

I was so bummed out. All I had to do was pull it and I would of had it. I am sure they would not of given me the car though. Besides rigging it for me to participate, you also had to be 18 years old which I obviously was not. The crowd gave me a big cheer when I went back to the stands but I was kind of pissed.

My brothers teammates busted my balls for the rest of the time I was there. Calling me Judy, telling me to hit weights, and that all I have is warning track power. You name it, they called me it. :lol: