• Replies 5 Comments
  • Views 779 Views

MexicanStallion

Since
Jan 29, 2010
Score
Tokens
Undefeated Streak On The Line

The Cincinnati Reds will play in Washington against the Nationals for the second game of the series Saturday. The Reds are looking to bounce back after a bad 4-2 loss on Friday. Drew Stubbs and Jonny Gomes had a costly error that allowed 2 unearned runs that finished of the Reds late in the game.

The Cincinnati Reds (31-24) trail the St. Louis Cardinals (32-23) by 1 game for the Central Division lead. The Reds have hit a rut in their season. They have lost 4 of their last 5 games with losses to Houston, St. Louis, and Washington. Tonight they are looking to avoid a 3 game losing streak. They have had one 3 game losing streak back in mid April where they dropped 5 games in a row. Mike Leake will try to stop the bleeding tonight.

Mike Leake is on the mound tonight for the Cincinnati Reds. This will be Leakes 11th start of his young career. Leake was sharper in May than in April. In April, Leake went 2-0 in four starts with a 3.25 era. In May, Leake went 2-0 in five starts with a 1.88 era. Leake has been consistent all season long with 9 out of 10 quality outings. The Reds have lost the past three games despite Leake going 19.1 innings allowing 2 earned runs. The offense has cooled off in his past starts. In the last two starts, the Reds have been shut out for 13.1 innings Leake had pitched. Tonight the Reds need to score for Leake and let him take care of business.

The Cincinnati Reds have been hitting, but have stranded base runners the last few games. The Reds had 12 hits last night, but stranded 11 base runners. They hit into two double plays earlier in the game. They just didnt deliver last night. Tonight will be a different story though. In the past 7 days, Phillips(.462), Hernandez(.400), Votto(.385), Stubbs(.375), and Rolen(.364) are hitting well. With 5 starts swinging hot bats, the Reds are going to put up a few runs early and especially if Atilano walks some base runners. None of the Reds have faced Atilano before, so there is no previous history to factor in.

Luis Atilano is just like Mike Leake pitching in his first season in the major leagues. The two combined are entering tonight with 18 major league starts. Atilano has not been as consistent though. He went 3-1 in May with 6 starts, but had a 5.63 era. The record is what truly counts, but this indicates the Nationals were scoring runs for his starts. He is not a strike out pitcher and walks a runner every two innings. If he puts runners on base tonight, the Reds will score. The Reds are not going to strand 11 base runners two nights in a row.

My prediction will be the Reds win tonight 6-3. That would go over run with some books or be a push at other books. Leake will go 7 innings tonight allowing 2 runs with Brandon Phillips and Drew Stubbs leading the scoring tonight.

Mike Leake (4-0 3.00) vs. Luis Atilano (5-1 4.70)
Cincinnati Reds ML (-134)
Cincinnati Reds -1.5 (+120)

All statistics were supplied from www.cincinnati.reds.mlb.com

Polaroid front page this shit. Mex is the man.

I like CIN too. If one of TOR or MIL wins I'll be on CIN

5-1 Nice, Mexi wins again. :dance:

Great write up guay.

Hope you went all in. Would have been amazing.

Polaroid front page this shit. Mex is the man.
Thanks Bread. I've done well on my write up picks.

I like CIN too. If one of TOR or MIL wins I'll be on CIN
At least Toronto won, so you should have had a winner on Cincinnati.

5-1 Nice, Mexi wins again. :dance:

Great write up guay.
Thanks RJ. I almost thought about doing -2.5 for the game as well, but just stuck with -1.5. It worked out well.