Celebrity death Pool Time

• Start date
  • Replies 1,842 Comments
  • Views 168,697 Views
Guy was kinda a fraud. Surprised he had the stones to do it.

How was he a fraud? I know very little about him and watched his show like twice. Genuinely curious how he was a fraud.

Maybe fraud is not the right characterization. Hypocrite is probably better. He became the very thing (a celebrity chef/culinary brand) that he came up trashing.

As a young restaurant worker I loved Kitchen Confidential because it (and Bourdain) were true to the actual world that I (and 99% of the hospitality industry) knew. Bourdain spoke the truth, mocking the Giadas, the Rachael Ray's, Mario Batalli spatulas etc. Then 5-10 years later the guy is a guest on America's next food network star, he's endorsing Ziploc bags and cashing in on 4 shows on cable. I don't blame him for making that cash. I would in a heartbeat. Just accusing him of being either a hypocrite or inauthentic at some point.

Kitch Confidential is a good read tho.

Maybe fraud is not the right characterization. Hypocrite is probably better. He became the very thing (a celebrity chef/culinary brand) that he came up trashing.

As a young restaurant worker I loved Kitchen Confidential because it (and Bourdain) were true to the actual world that I (and 99% of the hospitality industry) knew. Bourdain spoke the truth, mocking the Giadas, the Rachael Ray's, Mario Batalli spatulas etc. Then 5-10 years later the guy is a guest on America's next food network star, he's endorsing Ziploc bags and cashing in on 4 shows on cable. I don't blame him for making that cash. I would in a heartbeat. Just accusing him of being either a hypocrite or inauthentic at some point.

Kitch Confidential is a good read tho.

Thanks for clearing that up.

I think for many people, young, poor and rebellious often morphs into older and craving financial security/wealth.

99% of Gamelivers would have done exactly what Bourdain did (the cash grab part not the suicide part).

Fo sho fo sho. Difference is, none of us will have made our start by trashing those who did take the cash grab before us. Thou can't call those who grabbed the cash before you frauds and then escape your own label when you eventually do the same.

Hallelujah! Boner, who might have missed your calling as a preacher! :dunno:

It's almost 6PM Friday ..... you have done enough lawyering for the week! Grab a cold one and start enjoying the weekend! Cafe of Love ..... you could get lucky with your filly! :yes:

Nah Monk. Early bed for me. Hosting a Belmont Party tomorrow.

Guy I know said he worked with him and he was an ass. :dunno:

He signed my book at the Union Square Barnes and Noble in 2010.

RIP.

Fo sho fo sho. Difference is, none of us will have made our start by trashing those who did take the cash grab before us. Thou can't call those who grabbed the cash before you frauds and then escape your own label when you eventually do the same.

Patrick Bateman sends his regards...

Believe it or not but some of us are able to make a living going against the oppressive control structure and murderous global banking cartels.

But hey, what do I know...😎

Mama Sinatra lived to 101! Heard she was great at cooling Italian dishes!

5b49ab1b25123.image.jpg

Ex-NHL goalie Ray Emery drowned in Lake Ontario

RIP

Ex Duck.

Bizarre and mysterious way to go.

RIP Ray Ray

how_did_tony_sparano_die.jpg

Tony Sparano! Sounds like a heart attack related death!