• Replies 42 Comments
  • Views 3,289 Views

Jello

Not Funny
Since
Jan 29, 2010
Score
Tokens
I'm listening to Don Cherry's comments on the Jim Rome show and it's getting a little irritating to hear you guys talk about how you just HAVE to win the gold. Not that they want to, that they HAVE to. He says it's better now that they have to go this route because they're not ready yet. This way they get a tune up against Germany. He says he can't even imagine what would happen if they don't win the gold....heads will roll...team blown up.

The whole tone from him and several other Canadians is one of entitlement. Well fuck your entitlement. There are other teams that are pretty damn good and want to win just as badly. It isn't your God given right to win gold in hockey. Maybe nothing changes until you figure that out first.

Team Usa already put them in their place. The canucks should feel lucky if they get a bronze.

Actually, it kind of is our God given right to win gold.

There is no way we won't, anyhow.

Actually, it kind of is our God given right to win gold.

There is no way we won't, anyhow.

It's that sort of myopic arrogance that is causing so much angst for you guys now. It's a hockey game. Anybody of comparable skill can win in a one or two game format. The Americans and especially the Russians have comparable talent. I don't think you're going to enjoy that game versus the Russians either. I keep hearing about Canadians giving Ovechkin "begrudging" respect ....even though he is a Russian. This is an incredibly annoying perspective to the rest of the world. For instance, most of us will easily admit that OV is the best player in the world, but not Canadians. They will argue that Crosby is the best....because he's Canadian.

I guess to summarize - you guys have a very New York Yankee attitude about your hockey.

I guess to summarize - you guys have a very New York Yankee attitude about your hockey.

I wonder how we could have picked up this annoying behavior. I have no idea.

Maybe an American can explain this.

Canada will beat Germany easily, then we get a shot at the Russians - who are obviously a much tougher opponent.
Should Canada manage to somehow beat the Russians then we have a big chance.

I still think Canada has a better chance at gold than the USA.

Well i think Crosby is the best player in the world and I am not Canadian....but I am a Pens fan...so I might be biased

Well i think Crosby is the best player in the world and I am not Canadian....but I am a Pens fan...so I might be biased
I think Gretzky was better than Lemiuex, still undecided about Ovechkin/Crosby.

The Canada v USA match was huuuuuge.

These are the teams that finished 7th and 8th at the last Olympics.

Yeah plommer, I was just coming back here to say something like we have a Yankee attitude about pretty much everything else, so I guess I can put up with this one discretion.

Still not sure who I'm rooting for, Canada or Russia. I'm a Caps fan. And I kind of like the Russians. They got a mean streak about them.

But then there's .... well I'm sure there's countless things I like about Canada.

Amby that's alright. I'm a Caps fan. It's a running thing with us. Probably should have left it out.

The Canada v USA match was huuuuuge.

These are the teams that finished 7th and 8th at the last Olympics.

These are not the same teams as then.

In 2002 Salt Lake City these "same two teams" finished 1st and 2nd. (Canada gold / USA silver)

What is your point?

Kind of feel like I've kicked at a wounded puppy. I had expected to be put severely in my place by now.

Kind of feel like I've kicked at a wounded puppy. I had expected to be put severely in my place by now.
Why? Everyone knows how internationally hated Canada is. We are used to it.
I wish we got the lovin you guys get around the world. I can only dream of this. :grin:

I recognize the comments above as "baiting" I won't play along, Canada ain't done yet.

If you guys were really watching the Canada/US game you realized clearly who the better team is.

The Russians are an unknown, they can beat Canada, or they could lay an egg.

I realized and admitted who the more skilled team was. I also expressed that the Americans played with more desperation and tenacity. And of course the advantage in goal.

Back to Crosby/Ovechkin thinig, I don't even see how this is a debate at this point. Again, I'm certainly biased...but can anyone say that Crosby's game is as well-rounded as Ovechkin's? What is Crosby better at? Serious question. Not looking for an argument.

I didn't know you were a Caps fan jello? that's my eastern conference team. Now we can be friends. :grin::highfive:

These are not the same teams as then.

In 2002 Salt Lake City these "same two teams" finished 1st and 2nd. (Canada gold / USA silver)

What is your point?

No point really except that it was only a pool game.
Even though this US team might not be the real deal it is not exactly the national disaster that has been portrayed.