Canada is Larger than China

democracy was in the hands plommer

this could lead to a possible poster of the year nomination right @kato
I was quite ignorant of how things work at a Canadian election. I got to see first hand. Best (political) experience for me ever.

It just isn't possible to rig an election here. Too many checks in place. Each party had two scrutineers who had the right to observe the entire process. I did not know a single person I was working alongside. so collusion would be out of the question. Plus ballots are quite spread out, meaning returning officers only counted about 200 votes each (for whomever voted at their station) so it wasn't overwhelming. I helped count just 167 ballots, of which one was spoiled and 166 were valid. When we let the supervisor know we had a spoiled ballot all the party scrutineers came over and agreed the ballot was spoiled. The voter wrote "NO" in all of the circles of the candidates except for the one he chose and wrote "yes". This voided the ballot as only one circle may be filled with an x or check or smiley face. Yes I saw a few smiley faces.

Ballot-by-Dean-Shareski-licensed-under-CC-2.0.jpg
2021-09-22_17-27.png

After the first count I was off by two votes on one particular candidate, so we recounted twice and then agreed on the number, we signed off on the count and it was signed off by a supervisor.

I'm also glad to report that I recorded ZERO votes for the marxist-leninist (communist) party candidate here in Windsor west.

I'm confident in our system here. Very well thought out. If there was a question or help needed there was a very detailed handbook that offered the answers or a 1-800 number to speak with a supervisor at Elections Canada that could answer any other questions.

10/10 matty rains - we are thrilled to be Canadian.

:canada: :canada: :canada:

Last edited:
I was quite ignorant of how things work at a Canadian election. I got to see first hand. Best (political) experience for me ever.

It just isn't possible to rig an election here. Too many checks in place. Each party had two scrutineers who had the right to observe the entire process. I did not know a single person I was working alongside. so collusion would be out of the question. Plus ballots are quite spread out, meaning returning officers only counted about 200 votes each (for whomever voted at their station) so it wasn't overwhelming. I helped count just 167 ballots, of which one was spoiled and 166 were valid. When we let the supervisor know we had a spoiled ballot all the party scrutineers came over and agreed the ballot was spoiled. The voter wrote "NO" in all of the circles of the candidates except for the one he chose and wrote "yes". This voided the ballot as only one circle may be filled with an x or check or smiley face. Yes I saw a few smiley faces.

View attachment 6281View attachment 6282

[

I'm also glad to report that I recorded ZERO votes for the marxist-leninist (communist) party candidate here in Windsor west.

:canada: :canada: :canada:
I'm rooting for that one.

kato and WOK had to show vaccination card for concert here

was strange
could you show pic on phone or had to be actual card?

did they verify with your DL?

seems like it would take a crazy amount of time to do it correctly

I had to show mine at a bar in Brooklyn on Sat. Just had to flash it, they didn't check the name vs my ID or nothing.

KiBdoxR.jpg

internet users at the end of 2019 was at 4.1 billion people or 54 per cent of the world’s population

then 4.6 billion at the end of 2020

in the two years after the pandemic it has increased 782 million to reach 4.9 billion or 63 per cent of the population at the end of 2021

that's a 16% increase in two years post pandemic

that leaves 2.9 billion offline, of those it's estimated some 400 million live outside any mobile data coverage zone

interconnected humans is the future boys

learn vim, the gateway drug to real computing, to man the machines that will heard the humans

we all in

Chinese artist carves intricate animals into frozen river

Looks like they were parked there to get a good look at the crumbling cliff. :facepalm