Canada is Larger than China

Before decimalization on 15 February 1971, there were twenty (20) shillings per pound.

The shilling was subdivided into twelve (12) pennies.

The penny was further sub-divided into two halfpennies or four farthings (quarter pennies).

2 farthings = 1 halfpenny
2 halfpence = 1 penny (1d)
3 pence = 1 thruppence (3d)
6 pence = 1 sixpence (a 'tanner') (6d)
12 pence = 1 shilling (a bob) (1s)
2 shillings = 1 florin ( a 'two bob bit') (2s)
2 shillings and 6 pence = 1 half crown (2s 6d)
5 shillings = 1 Crown (5s)

in some lat american countries shillings is still slang for money, in south africa crown was also used as slang in my time

pour one out for the shillings homies

American Samoa and Guam are both enjoying their nice afternoons, it's 5pm in Samoa and 2pm in Guam.

Except they are 21 hours apart, even though they are only 5800 kilometers away. Samoa being UTC -11 and Guam UTC +10.

America, almost a day apart.

AMERICA IS LARGER THAN CHINA

Also Africa is Large.

I wonder what percentage of the earth's 7.7 billion people have never heard of the Corona virus hysteria and are just living their normal unaware existence.

:hmm:

I wonder what percentage of the earth's 7.7 billion people have never heard of the Corona virus hysteria and are just living their normal unaware existence.

:hmm:

With high internet and media penetration, the percentage of people who have never heard of the coronavirus will be low. But the percentage of those who are just continuing with their normal existence is high.

This is Paris a few days back.

Toronto is like Miami right now.

Screenshot_20200708_145035_com.pelmorex.WeatherEyeAndroid.jpg

Yeah. I'm actually freezing right now.

88 degrees in SMASHVILLE

still feels hot as fok tho

It's all that "freedom" in the Eastern Block since the 90's. More commonly known as poverty, degradation and emigration. I'd bet the others are doing similar.