Canada is Larger than China

Shoulda tried to map it across the surface. This comparison is iffy at best.

The moon is not small.

Unless I am misunderstanding you, that ain't hard to do

North America - 24.7 million km sq (9.54 million sq miles)
South America - 17.8 million km sq (6.9 million sq miles)

It should be pointed out that in this race, North America benefits greatly from having Canada which is like totally large.

And we have the moon.

Shoulda tried to map it across the surface. This comparison is iffy at best.

The moon is not small.

U.S. would still cover about half the circumference. The moon is tiny.

images

The moon is about the size of an average helicopter.

Your mom is a helicopter.

Pluto is actually quite a bit smaller than earth's moon. People got uppity when we decided that Pluto isn't an official planet but come on, it would basically fit in my shower.

(Calculations are subject to rounding)

And yet Pluto has 5 moons. What an embarrassment they must be.

"If Pluto were placed as near to the Sun as Earth, it would develop a tail, as comets do."

What a weirdo. Doesn't sound like a planet to me.

Houston is the 4th most populous city in the US but its metropolitan population falls in 10th.

wow, I didn't even know Houston was the biggest in Texas. That whole metropolitan thing confuses me.

Like Boulder, Castle Rock is part of Denver metro. No way would I consider them Denver. Aurora, Lakewood etc... are all Denver to me but they are not part of Denver city. So if one wants to know what the effective population of Denver is he would have a hard time in my view.

Both points are in the same state, the straight line segment connecting them crosses the largest number of distinct states

West Virginia, crosses PA, MD and VA for a total of 4 states

veL9Ibu.png

Arkansas, crosses MO, TN, MS for a total of 4 states

VqoVmFQ.png

New York, crosses CT, MA, NH, VT for a total of 5 states

SKAENAY.png

I don't know what to do with this information.

Yeah New York is weird, how it cuts off a little hunk of the country. It's all like DUDE!