Can somebody please explain to me how Orange man bad is racist???

• Start date
  • Replies 63 Comments
  • Views 5,208 Views

xpansive

Since
Jan 30, 2010
Score
Tokens
From everything I've heard and read no-one has been able to satisfactorily tell me how Trump is a racist in a manner that's objectively satisfactory to someone like myself who's neither Republican or Democrat.

How has what he's said been racially motivated because national origin is not race and things that he's said in the past are cast off as being racist but they aren't.

Sure, sometimes he says some off the wall shit but any sane person would probably put that down to him being old and from a different time period where people thought differently.

Does the answer really boil down to "well he just is and if you can't see it then you must be some kind of trumpanzee"...??

Problem there is that that's not exactly a reasonable response. Maybe if you're on the far left it is but to somebody that's not it leaves us scratching our heads.

You could bring up that three cases of housing discrimination back in the 1970's and 80's but he counter sued for discrimination and the cases were dropped for a lack of evidence.

Those comments about Omar were basically "Lock her up" 2.0. I don't agree with them but they weren't racist. Ilhan Omar isn't a race. "Her" is not a race. It wasn't a racial statement and doesn't invoke race in any way.

If you think it was a dog whistle then no, I'd say trump was conflating state origin with national origin in some of these cases ie "go back to where you came from". Assuming he was ignorant of that fact, once he was told he was wrong and that 3 of those wamen were born in the US he persisted in the line of reasoning he had kept.

That's shows me that either he is deliberately antagonizing or he wasn't referring to national origin in the first place and that's just what people read into it. That's not racist, that's national origin or state origin and btw AOC is a white Hispanic. If you don't know what I'm referring to then look up what a phenotype is.

Back in the 90's when he was getting awards for integration was he racist or when he desegregated the maralago and made it the first club in that area of Florida to do so, was he a racist then too??

I'm not a super fan of the guy, simply a facts and evidence kind of person. I'm trying to look for evidence of anything that trump has said that would objectively be considered as racism to someone who's not looking for racism (aka a Democrat or leftist)...

In 2019, racism has lost all meaning. These days when you criticize someone you are considered a racist...

End rant...

I still think his worst comments were about John McCain.

Something about how he was a pussy for being a POW.

And how Trump only likes "The guys that didn't get caught".

the thing is you don't have to be racist to nudge someone that is

and that's what he is doing, he knows that to a certain percentage of his base racial divide is something that they clearly understand, so he's playing them, everyone is getting played left and right

all politicians are fraudster, it's the nature of the game, Trump is playing the old populist game plan

what these poor ignorant people being played don't know is that populism is as cancerous as communism, for every good populist gov there's been (Getulio Vargas' Brazil) there has been dozens more worst (Hugo Chávez' Venezuela)

When people have nothing to base their hatred for the man, yelling racist is easy and lazy.

Unfortunately, in our PC society, yelling racism is a “guilty until proven innocent” slope.

It’s like flipping over the chess board when you have no moves left.

the thing is you don't have to be racist to nudge someone that is

and that's what he is doing, he knows that to a certain percentage of his base racial divide is something that they clearly understand, so he's playing them, everyone is getting played left and right

all politicians are fraudster, it's the nature of the game, Trump is playing the old populist game plan

what these poor ignorant people being played don't know is that populism is as cancerous as communism, for every good populist gov there's been (Getulio Vargas' Brazil) there has been dozens more worst (Hugo Chávez' Venezuela)
The idealist in me wants to argue that point but the pragmatist within knows you're right. Only difference i see between the two when taken to their extremities is the body count.

You have to admit thought that from a pure political perspective what he did tying those 4 to the mainstream dems was a master level move. He knew he would take a hit short-term but to those of us who aren't ideologically driven it's clear he is playing the long game here.

Is what he said xenophobic? I'll give you that one. Was it controversial? No doubt but racist? Yeah, no cigar for this guey...

I still think his worst comments were about John McCain.

Something about how he was a pussy for being a POW.

And how Trump only likes "The guys that didn't get caught".
No doubt McCain holds a special place in the heart of the people but from what i understand he also killed alot of people and seemed perpetually hungry for war.

When a bully comes at you what do you do? Did trump ever fire the first shots when it comes to McCain? My recollection of events surrounding this episode is hazy at best sorry....

You have to admit thought that from a pure political perspective what he did tying those 4 to the mainstream dems was a master level move. He knew he would take a hit short-term but to those of us who aren't ideologically driven it's clear he is playing the long game here.

from a political perspective the Dems are shooting themselves in the foot, populism is defeated by unity, and the Dems seems to be stuck at the "deplorables" moment

if the election was tomorrow orange man would win

McCain is scum. I actually applaud Trump for that. And all of his offending and irritating of various slimeballs. That is his primary appeal.

John McCain was a WAR HERO

John McCain got TORTURED in a Korea/Viet Hong cell for 6-19 years

Like he couldn’t watch Hulu or Sling for several months at the VERY least

Sling keeps giving me a month free every time I go to cancel, 3 months already :dunno:

Kara Young dated Trump for two years back in the mid 90's I believe.

There's your fukkin "racist" right there folks...

Damn rage bait generation...

Sling keeps giving me a month free every time I go to cancel, 3 months already :dunno:
Booking does the same for me whenever I write in complaining about their sponsorship of racist, Don Lemon.

Have niggled nearly 1500 bucks in free and discount accommodation from them thus far...😎

Ugh. Telling a group of non-white Americans to go back to "their country" because you can't conceive that a non-white American can be as American as you are, is the very definition of racism. He is implying racial superiority.

Never mind the fact that he refers to much of the rest of the world as being crime-infested, when the US is rampant with crime.

Let's put it a simpler way - Trump and his followers would never tell a guy like Bernie Sanders to go back to where he's from. Ask yourself why.

Ugh. Telling a group of non-white Americans to go back to "their country" because you can't conceive that a non-white American can be as American as you are, is the very definition of racism. He is implying racial superiority.

Never mind the fact that he refers to much of the rest of the world as being crime-infested, when the US is rampant with crime.
Matty, why is it that people on the left can only seemingly see things through a racial lens? You've just proven that with your first sentence.

Yeah, they're so racist that they helped elect a black president, not once but twice. Or are you telling me that not one trump supporter didn't vote for Obama, even once??

This is the problem when you play identitarianism. All pragmatic reasoning goes out of the window.

Omar went after a class of people (who we all know but will remain nameless) without sufficient evidence to back up her claim for doing so. Trump simply played political strategy. You could make the argument what he said was xenophobic but from someone who supports neither side i don't see how you could claim racism, unless the lens of identitarianism and not meritocracy are being used...

There's no evidence to suggest that this has any racial animus behind it.

It's one thing if you infer he's a racist, but then I'd ask for evidence as to trumps history of racism before the election. Over 4 decades in the spotlight before the election and nobody called him a racist until he announced his run for office.

Therefore in the absence of objective concrete reasoning to believe that it was racially motivated there no reason whatsoever...

Ilhan Omar is not a race. 4 congresswoman are not a race. Btw, trump wasn't the one chanting that slogan, the crowd did and then he comes out and disavows those same people.

Now that is a bit of a cop out of course. He was talking about them going back to their native countries and there was some linguistic dodgyness there I will admit but it's not race.

These four individuals are not of the same race and he never talks about race, so what are people talking about calling the guy out as racist?

It's almost as though the media has trained us to give pavlovian responses without thinking critically first. It's why I don't watch legacy media. All bought and sold for by the same BS corpotocracy whose only drive is money...

Xpy you're intellectually loopholing this shit and you know it. I bet when you get pulled over for going twice the speed limit you ask the cop when's the last time his radar was calibrated.

You're conveniently taking a string of words at face value instead of looking at the whole context. Trump will never tell a white American to go back to their ancestors' motherland. That is the crux of the matter.