• Replies 191 Comments
  • Views 10,105 Views

Cami

Queen Bee
Since
Dec 27, 2011
Score
Tokens
As per Mr. Monkeys request, here is the recipe to the meal I made tonight. I made London Broil, Asparagus, and mashed Patatoes.
The Asparagus: rinse, snap in half, place in PAN of boiling water for about 20 minutes. Drain. Put Asparagus back in pan on medium low heat, add two SQUIRTS of lemon juice, and a teaspoon of salt (or too taste).
Mashed potatoes: Steve likes the Idaho little baby red mashed (or something like that)...Directions call for 2 cups of water and Potatoes. I use 1 cup water, 1 cup milk, 2tablespoons butter. Yumm!
London Broil: BE CAREFUL Only BROIL for five minutes at a time on each side. Medium is how you want it done, you want it PINK in the middle, because even after you take it out of the oven, the meat will still cook itself for a fewminutes. Very easy to over cook, so KEEP AN EYE ON IT!!!! CLOSELY!!!

so, if you have any Meat left over, you can use it for a version of the French Dip sandwich the next day. Place left over meat, uncut, in fridge. When making sandwiches, Slice the meat as thin, AS THIN, as you possible can, I use a bread/carving knife, and cut is super super thin, almost chiiped like. I place that meat on a nice bun or hoggie style fresh baked bread, next use very thin slices of sliced Swiss cheese over the meat, next sprinkle some finally diced FRESH parsley over the cheese. Place top and bottom halves in oven and bake at 325 degrees for at least 5 minutes. Dip in homemade Au Jus sauce.

Homemade Au jus sauce:
Chop one Red Onion and caramelize with 1 tBS Minced Garlic, in one to two Tbs (tablespoons) of EVOO (extra virgin olive oil). Once caramelized, add 1/4 cup White wine, CONSTANTLY stirring, then add 1 TBS Worcestershire Sauce and cook for an additional minute stirring constantly, Add 2.5 cups of Beef Broth, pan drippings from meat, and boil for 5 minutes, reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes. Drain garlic and onion from sauce, save onion and garlic, pour liquid back into pan, set heat to medium, add 1 tablespoon to liquid and whisk until blended and thick.

Sanwiches:
Slice left over London Broil as thin as possible, place on bun, layer THIN sliced swiss chz, then sauteed onion mixture, then fresh diced parsley, bake in oven for 5 minutes, dip in homemade sauce.

ENJOY!

Will post video tomorrow.

Any idea where the asparagus comes from at this time of year?

I mean what country, I know you get it from the grocery store.

Plommer used to pick his own wild asparagus for free in rural areas north west of Toronto, I can spot asparagus plants on the side of the road.
We have a good eye for free food.

Nice thread Cami and saying nite nite but look forward to looking over the above meal and many more treats from you! :xoxo:

Please send me a French dip

We already have Matty!

:bee:

I always enjoy some good dip humor.

578879.jpg

Steve and I will have a cook off. Next time we eat london broil, he has to make it.
Here is the Dip made from the leftovers:

IMG_20130108_131234.jpg

That was so fokkin good. I don't expect to win this.

Also great wine/bottle opener next to it.

Damn, I'm coming over for lunch.

Mayo with hot dogs? Common.

Looks good Cami.

I'll be having spaghetti with mushrooms/bread and some wine tonight. It'll be good times because I will just be eating it. Although I do enjoy cooking.

Actually, now there's an idea. Maybe we need some Cooking With Cami videos.

mayo with hot dog - big in mexico

tried it - liked it

2008630SonoranHotDog.jpg