Buying A Car

• Start date
  • Replies 152 Comments
  • Views 4,432 Views
image.jpg
How much was it before financing?

After I put $1500 down, $11098.

I also have a 5 year 50,000 mile warranty.

http://www.cargurus.com/Cars/l-Used...eContext=usedPaidSearchNoZip#listing=89358943 Here is one in Greensboro NC....I looked up the car and this was the first listing I saw. Fewer miles and much cheaper. I forget where you are in NC.

I think in most places you have 3 days to cancel a contract?

Maybe it was the financing that was the reason for the price. In any case...have fun...will be good to have wheels I'm sure.

IAG, I have crappy credit. I am in Charlotte.

I know I paid a lot, but it's the best I can do I think.

You're just borrowing that car anyway. Price is immaterial.

IAG, I have crappy credit. I am in Charlotte.

I know I paid a lot, but it's the best I can do I think.
Yeah I understand.

Well, let me know how you like it. I keep trying to talk myself into getting a new car, but I just can't justify it with how little I drive right now.

Casper did you get ripped off? IAG are you trying to tell Casper he got ripped off?

But watch out... if you start talking passionately about objective measures of cars Tron will jump down your dick-hole.

I totally don't get this. Can you elaborate, boner?

Pavy, how is your Flex?

Boner, you still passionate about Minivans?

Time for some gamboling.

Malibu is repo'ed within a year +200
Repo'ed within 2 years -250
Repo'ed at any point -1500
Loan is paid in full +25000

i'd say there's more value in the one year at +200. mark me down. I'll also hedge with a small amount on the paid off at 25-1 oh shit 250-1? thats big

My thinking in pricing the 1-year repo is that Casper most likely bought from a sketchy corner dealership that finances rebuilt wrecks at usurary rates. These people will not be very patient when the checks start bouncing and they will tow the car back to the lot themselves.

Let me get $10,000 that it gets repoe'd within the year +200.

I'll just take the $20,000 I win and buy another car.