• Replies 24 Comments
  • Views 2,317 Views

Hawk

Federales
Since
Jan 27, 2010
Score
Tokens
Not the pics Bread was looking for but I need to vent, might as well do it here.

Each spring, like clockwork, I buy a new pair of sandals. The pair being replaced is to be used for mowing the lawn. Last years lawnmowing sandals are thrown out. The new sandals always last until the cold prevents the footsies from being exposed. They are worn whenever possible.

The tradition was broken this year. Not two months into sandal weather, tornage. Not cheapies either, three figure footwear. Until I make it to the store for a replacement, the lawnmowing sandals are the go-to footwear. They have a green tint, as deep grass stains can be a bitch to remove. :madd:

mlqwx0.jpg

20urhv4.jpg

So those cost more than $100???

I use the same kinda philosophy as you with sneakers...except my new ones come in, and the old ones become mosh pit sneakers. Which usually means I only get to wear them one more time.

please tell me you wear socks with those

Bread, they were a bit over $100 including the tax. I should have stuck with Prospector brand, that's my usual.

Kato, god no. Never catch me doing that, even in old age when you shouldn't really care, if I make it that far...

I can't wear sandals cause I have very ugly toes. If I were to wear sandals though I would not wear them while mowing. The SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS very plainly indicate to wear PROPER PROTECTIVE footwear.

I do own a pair of slides that I wear around the house so I can at least feel like the other cool guys. Then when it's time to go out in public I conceal my shame.

lol...white socks/sandals/black hat/no shirt/mowing the lawn/beer in hand...

fuck i am going to do it

Wal, one thing in my favour is chicks have said I don't have ugly feet like most guys. I don't pay attention to feet and wouldn't be able to tell the difference from an ugly one and non-ugly one. Slides? Flip-flops?

Kato, go all out. Make sure the sandals are black to match those white socks. Biggest fashion faux pas, black shoes and white socks. I did that when I was younger and boy did a female ever correct my misguided ways.

Hawky,

If MrMonkey gives you any shit in this thread you let me know.

Bread

no shit, still see the white tube sock and black dress shoes, makes me want to punch people

Hawk

I dumped Rockports awhile back when I had a pair fall apart way too quickly. I wear some Mephisto sandals and I like them much much better. Of course my Mephisto cost more but it was worth it to me as they are so comfortable. Because I am sure some will laugh or call me crazy, I will not disclose how much my sandals cost. :grin:

Bread, lol

Hawk

I dumped Rockports awhile back when I had a pair fall apart way too quickly. I wear some Mephisto sandals and I like them much much better. Of course my Mephisto cost more but it was worth it to me as they are so comfortable. Because I am sure some will laugh or call me crazy, I will not disclose how much my sandals cost. :grin:

These were my first Rockports. There won't be another. I've seen the over $200 sandals, thought it crazy to shell out that much for something that doesn't even cover half your feet, but I wear them a lot, can't stand the feet covered in the heat. Maybe it's not such a bad idea to splurge on them.

I go barefoot in the summer, if I go in public then I wear flippy floppies
the $10 flippy floppies from a discount cloths store, not Wal Mart

I like the way Mike says "Flippy floppies"

:love:

Men should always fully cover their hairy feet.

Hey guy post pictures of your sister

These look like the old man sandals that RogueScholar convinced matty to buy......that we all made fun of him for wearing in public....lol

Those sandals were the freaking bomb. You guys were just looking for anything to nitpick.