BREAKING NEWS!

• Start date
  • Replies 2,068 Comments
  • Views 160,326 Views
^^ Being in the water probably saved this guy's life.

The shock can kill you from miles away?

No, but Sea-doo guy is not miles away. The wave hits him about 2 seconds after the explosion which means he's within 600 meters/650 yards of the blast.

Woj reports its unofficial, just a poll basically. Might still go another way tomorrow.

Anson Carter confirmed he’s fine with the NHL not boycotting. Period.

#dancin’ #anson

A bunch of white guys, most not American and in a bubble in ALBERTA Canada didn't boycott their playoff hockey game?

Shocking.

so every time some motherfucker gets wrongly killed in a country of 350 million these motherfuckers are gonna do symbolic jesters to prove what exactly? That they're nice caring people. Hey, just cause you're big athletic stiffs doesn't mean you know anything about the world or politics. Just play your trivial game and stfu :hattip:

so every time some motherfucker gets wrongly killed in a country of 350 million these motherfuckers are gonna do symbolic jesters to prove what exactly? That they're nice caring people. Hey, just cause you're big athletic stiffs doesn't mean you know anything about the world or politics. Just play your trivial game and stfu :hattip:

During this whole COVID lockdown thing weren't you criticizing people for being sheep and not doing anything? These guys are in position to make a massive statement with peaceful protest and they are doing just that. Not sure how our most anti-establishment poster tells people to just "stfu and conform".

I guess I just dont get how not playing helps the cause. I mean, I get it and it DOES certainly shine the light as we talk about it. But maybe play and donate the entire check? Its not really a protest to just stop working the two things aren't connected at all, right?

Nah. I get it, upon further consideration it seems like a very effective form of protest for those public figures.

Their job is to entertain us, the fans, and as far as I'm concerned that has nothing to do with current events such as this, so I view the whole protest thing as nonsense. They are overstepping their boundaries, imo.

Play your fucking games already.

I think some sports figures should raise awareness for Black Lives Matter and other sports figures should raise awareness for Listen To Lawful Orders By Police And You Won’t Die.

ASIAN LIVES MATTER!

How many Asians have been killed by the cops in America recently? Wait wut? None? JFC how did they manage that?

There are approximately 17.3 million Asian Americans in the United States (U.S.), representing 5.6% of the U.S. population yet only approximately 1.5% of the prison population is Asian. How is that possible? We need to lock up more Asians because everything has to be proportionate right?
Of the 1.5% of Asian inmates locked up I'd wager very few are there for shoving a gun in the face of a 7/11 cashier for the $20 in the till.

Maybe Asians just aren't as prone to violence/criminality as their African American counterparts? I dunno.

Most serial killers are white men. Its just the way it is. This all sounds very racist, and also very true.

- Rioting and looting to send a message is unacceptable
- Peacefully protesting by kneeling during the national anthem or refusing to play games to send a message is unacceptable

I mean it kind of feels like white people just like things the way they are and don't want to hear about it?

ASIAN LIVES MATTER!

How many Asians have been killed by the cops in America recently? Wait wut? None? JFC how did they manage that?

There are approximately 17.3 million Asian Americans in the United States (U.S.), representing 5.6% of the U.S. population yet only approximately 1.5% of the prison population is Asian. How is that possible? We need to lock up more Asians because everything has to be proportionate right?
Of the 1.5% of Asian inmates locked up I'd wager very few are there for shoving a gun in the face of a 7/11 cashier for the $20 in the till.

Maybe Asians just aren't as prone to violence/criminality as their African American counterparts? I dunno.

Most serial killers are white men. Its just the way it is. This all sounds very racist, and also very true.

Crime is a socio-economic issue, not a racial issue. Here's an excellent thread on the topic. Click to open on Twitter and read the whole thing. Assuming you actually want to learn about it, that is.

EDIT: Wrong thread above, though that one still makes good points on these stats that always get thrown around. Here is the thread I was referring to:

Crime is a socio-economic issue, not a racial issue.
I've read other stories/reports/studies that say the same thing. I don't disagree. But using anecdotal evidence it APPEARS that with regard to crime and/or dealing with the police African Americans make very bad decisions at a much greater (disproportionate) rate than other races.

The REALITY for people just going about their lives is that African Americans are definitely more likely to be a criminal threat to them than non African Americans.