• Replies 14 Comments
  • Views 1,964 Views

Bread

Current Corpse
Since
Jan 20, 2010
Score
Tokens
I love me some Prop betting. They break down the game within the game. Instead of rooting merely for a team or a total score, Props give you option to win or lose some dough on player performances, unique statistics or completely off-the-wall things like the length of the national anthem. I love them.

The Super Bowl is the Promised Land for Prop betting enthusiasts. If you print out every offering that some Prop-heavy books offer such as TheGreek- you are left with a novel stacked full of everything imaginable. It is a magical time for yours truly. I generally go a little crazy, to the point that just about every single play results in a check mark or a big fat X on my betting sheet. Ive been doing some looking around and here are some of several that have caught my eye.

Indianapolis 1st score of game
TD -220
FG or Safety +180

Let me just start out by saying that I think Indy is going to win and I think theyre going to cover. It pains me to say it, as the Peyton Manning massive melon brigade has been tormenting me for too long, but I just think that the Saints wild ride is about over. If you cant beat them, you may as well join them. And this Prop in particular has me salivating.

Guess how many regular season games saw the Colts crack the scoreboard with a field goal this year. Maybe 50%? 25%? Try one stinking game. San Franciscos defense in Week 8 was the only unit to hold Mannings offense out of the end zone on their first scoring drive. Thats hitting on the touchdown at a 94% clip. Thats just sick.

In their two playoff games against Baltimore and the Jets, they were forced to settle for the three points to open. Those two teams field top notch defenses. New Orleans does not. This is one to load up on at -220. You talk about value, here it is. Dont say that I never did anything for you.

The only time Indy wont be putting up points
Peyton-Manning-sitting-down.jpg

Joseph Addai
Over 65.5 Yards Rushing +105
Under 65.5 Yards Rushing -135

Will Addai score a TD?
Yes -135
No +105

Im infatuated with Joseph Addai. What an enigma. Im simply baffled how any back could be the guy on a juggernaut offense like Indianapolis for several years, and remain so mediocre. You have to hand it to him; he certainly shoots for the low-flying clouds. Jeezus.

Admittedly, I do have a proclivity for drafting this clown on my fantasy teams. That is a problem within itself. I just keep thinking that hes going to break out a LaDanian-type season one of these years. My bad.

The ultimate underachiever averaged 3.8 yards per rush in the regular season. That is the same number he has averaged in his two postseason games. He scored a TD in 10 of the 15 regular season games he participated in, and none so far in the playoffs. He averaged 55.2 ypg in the regular season and 51.5 in the postseason.

Im leaning towards playing him on the Under 65.5 yards for the game, but then again, I think that Indy will be running clock in the 2nd half. Who knows, even Addai could possibly find a hole for a nice 30-yard gain in the 4th qtr to take this one over. Just as I have been for years, Im completely confused when it comes to this guy.

Since I have to have some sort of action on him, Ill just do something retarded. Total rushing yards Odd (-105). That doesnt even make sense. If only there was a Prop on how many times I will curse his name on Sunday.

Will New Orleans score in the 1st & 2nd quarter?
Yes -135
No +105

If the game goes as planned, it will be the Saints playing catch up in the 2nd half. I will be basing many of my Prop plays off of this premise. New Orleans has scored in both the 1st & 2nd quarters in all but four of their 18 games this season. Its tough going anytime you find yourself rooting against this power house offense.

Im going to live dangerously and go with the Saints being blanked in one of the first couple of quarters. Its going to be Manning & Co. lighting up the scoreboard often, and the Saints Super Bowl welcoming party having the mat pulled out from under their feet before they even know what hit them. There will be uncharacteristic punts and turnovers. It would be nice if the most intriguing Super Bowl quarterback matchup in several years turned out to be a great game. I just dont see it being an even competition.

Will New Orleans Convert on a 4th Down?
Yes +105
No -135

If the Saints come out and smack around the Colts, man oh man my Props are going to be in some serious trouble! The thought here once again falls under the belief that New Orleans will be scrambling to make up a deficit. With that desperation will come 4th down attempts.

Who dat gonna get a 4th down? They were only 6/15 on 4th downs this year, but Im looking for a few attempts late in the game. Ill take my chances with their offensive weapons coming through at least once.

There could be upwards of 50 more of these. Who knows? Entirely too many candies to choose from. How about an O/U on how many beers I will consume? Well I guess that depends on how this game goes. Good Lord Im scared.

Last game of the year

football.gif

Bet the coin toss at -110 just to prove that you made it.

havent booked my props yet. need to get on this soon

Herman do you even know what movie your avatar is from? I'm betting no.

My favorite movie growing up...Problem Child 2!

Oh damn! I take it back. lolololol! I figured you were -5 when that came out.

Reggie scores a touchdown -105 at BetJam

Take it to the bank

Bread sucks at props..... easy fade........ GO NO go.......

20Four7 sucks at life.

:moped:

I'd still do him though.

It's ok bread I"m also fading durito on the props....... both of you are losers........ Can you say 4 sacks in the superbowl?

That's a lot of fades on Durito. I'd wish you luck, but I don't like you.

that makes 2 of us..... I don't like me either..... now go away

Joseph Addai is a guy I don't take much time to reflect on but since you brought it up, yeah, what an underachieving disappointment. It's a bit astonishing how weak his numbers are considering the way defenses have to focus on the pass. Imagine if Indy had a threat at the running back position.

I feel less certain than you that Indy is going to run away with this. I do like the call on the first score being a TD. I kinda lean against you on the Saints not scoring in the first 2 quarters.

But I don't know. I don't bet this stuff so I am whole-heartedly behind you.

If Indy has a marshall faulk in his prime type back, and Bob Saunders healthy all year, its scary to think how good they would have been