• Replies 28 Comments
  • Views 2,467 Views

Bread

Current Corpse
Since
Jan 20, 2010
Score
Tokens
Bracketology is here, and you can find me beneath a sea of printed out brackets. Of course, thats when my kitty cat hasnt decided to take a nap on them, making me wait for her to wake up to drown myself in March Madness mania once again.

Of course I will be going absolutely bonkers on the individual games, but for three days from the time that the matchups are announced to the opening tipoff, its all about the brackets for me. Ive been in love with them for as long as I can remember. I used to skip school for the opening two days of the NCAA tournament. Now I take the days off of work. It is a magical time.

I ended up playing 10 brackets in all this year, partaking in three different pools. Its been awhile since Ive won anything, which is about par for the course. Perhaps this will be my year. For grits and shiggles, lets take a little look at a breakdown of my picks. This way, you know what a winner looks like beforehand.

1 and 2 seeds arent going anywhere for awhile. I did however, leave a bit of room for a 14-seed upset of a 3. Montana has a minimal chance to beat New Mexico. The Lobos are probably happy just to be here. It could happen. You might also find an upset pick on one sheet of Georgetown, but to be honest, Im just bitter with Gtown over my Big East Championship moneyline loss.

If there is an upset to be seen by a 13-seed, keep an eye on Siena. Purdue doesnt impress me and Im sure that none of their opponents will be shaking in their boots. A 13-seed that has no shot is Wofford, because nobody is quite sure what a Wofford is. But seriously though, Wisconsin is going to hurt them.

Then there is the always-interesting 5 vs. 12-seed matchup. The secret has been out for years, and the 12-seeds have been making their backers happy for quite some time now. Ill be paying close attention to the Cornell-Temple game. I caught several Temple games this year, and made several mental notes that they would be a good fade come tourney time. Well, that time is now. I have the Big Red in half of my sheets to represent the Ivy League to the fullest against the lackluster Owls.

Cornell! Lessgo!
cornell.jpg

The upsets become a lot less shocking at the 6 vs. 11-seed levels. I dont think too many jaws would drop should Old Dominion take out Notre Dame. Actually, Id be shocked if the Irish made it out of the first round. There is little chance that anyone is going to stop Baylor from advancing to the Sweet 16, but at least Old Dominion could make a game of it.

On 9 of 10 sheets Ive declared that 8-seeded UNLV will beat 9th seed Northern Iowa. Usually these matchups are a toss-up, but I aint scared. This game could certainly make or break my bracket experience, so just root for the Rebels with me.

Not surprisingly, Kentucky (7), Kansas (5), Syracuse (5), Kansas St. (4), Villanova (4) and Duke (4) are leading the charge for my Final Four picks. Of course there are some random selections taken here and there just in case there is a repeat of the George Mason season, but for the most part you have to play it safe in the later rounds.

For overall winners, Im leaning towards the Kentucky Wildcats. On half of my sheets Ive marked them down to emerge as the ultimate winner of this wonderful mess. Next up I have Duke (3), Syracuse (1) and Kansas (1). Pretty lame to play 10 sheets and select all 1-seeds to win, but there you have it. Of course its all the little games in between that will separate he who gets paid from all those looking up at him. I could certainly use the money to replenish my beer tab. God bless March Madness.

Its TIME!
bracket-2010.gif

:bashing:

Goodluck with your brackets Bread. I'll be stuck in Rocktown but I will be boozing and watching games Thursday. We will cross paths soon enough though.

Had to take off Thursday too, that's if my personal day put in today goes through? Spiders-St Mary's local game here. Like your Siena and Cornell chances of upsets! I hate Duke and boy did they catch a break with that bracket. On the other side with ND-Old Dom. Can't see the Irish losing this one. Playing too well IMO.

CB I'm going to a bar with wireless so let's have some fun!

Monkey....I'd be shocked if one of those first rounders didn't pull through. Always fun to see which "upsets" actually come to fruition. OMG I'm getting giddy!!!

I think temple gets into the sweet 16....that team plays some great defense and doesn't mess around. I think that they are not one of those 5 seeds that are in danger.

Of course you do, you live in NY. Homer balls.

Seriously though, I put Temple in Sweet 16 on two sheets and get this....IN THE FINAL FOUR IN ONE! :lmao:

But yea. Watch out for Cornell!! :yes:

Nice bracket. Good luck with your plays at the bar.

CB I'm going to a bar with wireless so let's have some fun!

Monkey....I'd be shocked if one of those first rounders didn't pull through. Always fun to see which "upsets" actually come to fruition. OMG I'm getting giddy!!!

Bread no internet on my phone, but email me yer digits and we can gay text all day hun

No doubt will root for Temple, but any team that shoots 3's as well as the Big Red do can be very dangerous if on?

Seeds 1-5 Kansas, Ohio st, Georgtown, Maryland, Mich St so much better than Duke, Nova, Baylor, Purdue, T A@M IMO?

Fuk Coach K and the Dukies! Fuk Calapari and UK! Countdown almost at 36 hours!

Swarmy don't be gay. Swarmy I will be in Orlando.

CB...buddy yer on! I'm gonna punch you right in the St. Patty's Parade!

Of course you do, you live in NY. Homer balls.

Seriously though, I put Temple in Sweet 16 on two sheets and get this....IN THE FINAL FOUR IN ONE! :lmao:

But yea. Watch out for Cornell!! :yes:

Cornell is in NY about 45 minutes from my house....so how is liking temple over them making me a homer? LOL

Cornell is in NY about 45 minutes from my house....so how is liking temple over them making me a homer? LOL

Like you would root for an Ivy League school.

Come on buddy. I mean, seriously.

shesoutofmyleagueposter.jpg

Like you would root for an Ivy League school.

Come on buddy. I mean, seriously.

shesoutofmyleagueposter.jpg

:lmao:

Temple is actually a really good tough school. They accept somewhere in the 80% range and then weed out the degens after the first year. Their retention rate is horrid. They would rather keep the people that really care and want to stay in their school. Not to mention it is a "suitcase" school and no one is really on campus. Everyone lives outside the city or in other parts of the city because the school is in one of the worst areas of philly.

I have yet to even fill out a bracket. Maybe I will go a year without filling one out.

I have WA beating Marquette on exactly one of my 10 sheets (and making it all the way to the elite 8 on that same sheet).