• Start date
  • Replies 235 Comments
  • Views 7,962 Views

Boner_18

Since
Oct 5, 2010
Score
Tokens
@Vegas Dave is right - posting about my horsie exploits in the Dead Horses at Santa Anita thread ain't right.

So here's my thread for Boner's horsie exploits.

I've owned the minimum required (3%) to be a licensed owner on a couple NY bred horse. Some of these have been profitable, others not. One even died suddenly about 2 months after I bought in (he was insured so we only lost a little). The groups that do this syndication run from great people to borderline criminal.

Now I own a couple 20% interests in racehorses and a 10% interest in a broodmare (and thus 10% of every baby she has).

Magical Mousse goes today for our group including me as named ownership. Let's do this.

@Vegas Dave is right - posting about my horsie exploits in the Dead Horses at Santa Anita thread ain't right.

So here's my thread for Boner's horsie exploits.

I've owned the minimum required (3%) to be a licensed owner on a couple NY bred horse. Some of these have been profitable, others not. One even died suddenly about 2 months after I bought in (he was insured so we only lost a little). The groups that do this syndication run from great people to borderline criminal.

Now I own a couple 20% interests in racehorses and a 10% interest in a broodmare (and thus 10% of every baby she has).

Magical Mousse goes today for our group including me as named ownership. Let's do this.
Which race pal?

How much you got invested in this horse thing totally?
Good question. Probably down $8-10k over the last 5 years?

To put that in perspective a win today (unlikely as a first time starter) changes that to down 4-6k.

:hmm: I guess that's not too bad. Probably less than what a relatively casual bettor would lose over 5 years.

I'll be wagering in him to place.
PT in 75 minutes
I was gonna plunk down $100 ATB but these pools are REDICULOUSLY small. I don't think im gonna bet more than $10 on the whole thing for fear that I'm just funding their takeout.

Dd pool favors 1,5,3 then Mousse. Maybe I'll hammer ex 8/1,3,5 and 1,3,5/8

You should watch this on Netflix,I found it interesting

Attachments

• B16353E4-9057-4A11-85BB-6E9A6EE5B69E.png
    B16353E4-9057-4A11-85BB-6E9A6EE5B69E.png
    637.2 KB · Views: 156
Congrats! Damn I'd have been concerned about wasted energy on the contested battle for the lead but MM was just too much horse. That's awesome

Never in doubt! Magical Fokkin Mousse!