• Start date
  • Replies 25 Comments
  • Views 804 Views

Tron

Since
Jan 28, 2010
Score
Tokens
Boney, do you still have to show a vaccination card to go into restaurants?

Yankee Stadium?
Citi Field?

What about non-vaxxed kids under 18?

Blitty/Boney, I’ve always been with local friends on trains and never paid attention to the lines. Going from East Village to Yankee Stadium for example: I can’t tell whether to take the 4 or the 6. :dunno:

What trains would you take from East Village to Citi Field or should I Uber that one?

First time taking my sons to the greatest city in the world. Appreciate any light you can shed.

I might have a few more questions

No card anywhere.

Yankee Stadium 4 or 6 but the 6 is local so if you board a 6 grab a 4 (not a 5) across the platform if you see it at 14th, GCT (its dowstairs at 59th so you cant see it). In fact I'd prob get off and wait for a 4 at GCT.

Citi field no cab unless you're going at an off hour (11am-3pm?) Take a 4/5/6 to GCT and transfer to a 7 EXPRESS (the 7 in a diamond and not in a circle). There's usually chicas selling churos in the transfer tunnel, they're good.

Oddly enough I think masks are still required on trains, though no one enforces this.

Enjoy!

I was in NYC on tuesday,

The Google maps app is your friend, tronner.

Tells you the exact subway routes between destinations.

It was a quick 8 hour layover, and I only went to queens and Brooklyn.

I actually went to the office today for the first time since March 31 (though ive been in the city 3-4 time in the interim). NYC is great. Commuting to the office is not.

They just repealed the mask mandate on trains. When you coming @Tron

In 3 weeks. Hoping to see Judge’s 61st or 62nd. That’s not why I’m going but that would be super deluxe.

I got lucky to be in German flight before they put mandate back.

10 hour flight was miserable enough with toddler.

Can’t imagine adding the mask thing on to that.

@Blitty sorry if I’ve asked this already…..

Best slice of pizza in the East Village?

Top 3 places would be a bonus

Kind of wild sentimental tid bit, I’m guessing about 24 years ago I had a really fun night at Webster Hall. I found out yesterday that the hotel my sons and I are staying at (Moxy) is directly across the street from Webster Hall. It’s wild that Webster Hall is still open.

I remember the main dance floor felt like it was the size of a football field,

Joes on 14/3rd is solid. St marks had good spot I can’t temper name. Also check out Tompkins square bagel is legit.

I’m sure there are new less touristy spots, I may not know about. Yelp is good resource for that.

Webster’s is vintage. If you stand in front and look left to street. My apartment from 2012-2015 is a hundred yards away.

@Blitty sorry if I’ve asked this already…..

Best slice of pizza in the East Village?

Top 3 places would be a bonus

Kind of wild sentimental tid bit, I’m guessing about 24 years ago I had a really fun night at Webster Hall. I found out yesterday that the hotel my sons and I are staying at (Moxy) is directly across the street from Webster Hall. It’s wild that Webster Hall is still open.

I remember the main dance floor felt like it was the size of a football field,
Used to work at Webster Hall in 1993. Used to also work at the Loews theater next to it. Great time for clubs. Palladium, Limelight and Webster all within a 10 block radius of my apartment.

Used to work at Webster Hall in 1993. Used to also work at the Loews theater next to it. Great time for clubs. Palladium, Limelight and Webster all within a 10 block radius of my apartment.
I went to Life in like 1997?

Webster Hall is a little more fuzzy. It was either like 1992 or 1997. I’ll never forget the main dance floor.

I went to Life in like 1997?

Webster Hall is a little more fuzzy. It was either like 1992 or 1997. I’ll never forget the main dance floor.
Webster I liked because of the 5 different levels it had. I always appreciated the different types of music on every level.

Hurricane Ian could fuck up a lot of this trip.

NEVER EASY, BOYSSSSS

Wonder what my true odds of flying to NYC tomorrow morning out of Miami

321F6541-6889-41ED-94F5-1C92CCEA08DC.png

The only reason I think it’s not 0% is that Miami is “only” under a Tropical Storm Watch and not a Warning

You'll be delayed like a MFer but not canceled maybe? BOL tronner - btw maybe you see #62 after all.