• Replies 24 Comments
  • Views 2,198 Views

Oksana

zig a zig ah
Since
Jun 16, 2010
Score
Tokens
(which you blocked me from ages ago by the way)

Happy birthday in case I forget tomorrow when the notification's gone for me.

Hope you have a good one pal. :cheers:

immaturity

shush - that's not immature at all!! i literally went to post there and remembered I can't and I nicely reminded him that even though he gave me shit for blocking him, he actually blocked me first so now i can't send him bday wishes.

the little reminder will be gone by the time i log in tomorrow so i'm getting in early

honey, I didn't mean u. but maybe thou dost protest too much? maybe blitty needs to focus on being a single mother and forget about facebook drama.

lol true - i really did just want to wish him happy birthday.

(and maybe subtly remind him i'm not the big meanie first blocker he thought i was)

speaking of how cool it is to be a single mom - earlier tonight i found that my son had consumed maybe 1/5th of a tube of kiddie toothpaste. so i freaked out a bit because you're supposed to give a 2yo like a drop when you brush his teeth. called the nurse's registry and got some HAG who said that i should try to force as much water down his throat as possible and give him some baby medicine. and i made some throwaway comment like "yeah ok but i'm not holding my breath on that one as he's so used to medicine he knows all of my tricks". Her response: Well just get your husband to hold him down while you force the dropper into his mouth. Me: Ummm, it's just me here but thanks for your help. I'll figure it out. I appreciate your time. Her: Well maybe that's part of the problem then.

:dancer:

Oxsy, u need a hubby, pal.

Amazing that no man has claimed you yet.

Oxsy, u need a hubby, pal.

Amazing that no man has claimed you yet.

lol not for me although i saw one of those engagement rings commercial tonight and decided i'm going to spend 2mths income on going crazy on whatever my first trip is i take without my son

i'd much rather have experiences than a ring, and i'd much rather have the freedom to be a fucking nutter without worrying about someone else other than the little person i already have to worry about. one's enough for the moment :)

lol true - i really did just want to wish him happy birthday.

(and maybe subtly remind him i'm not the big meanie first blocker he thought i was)

speaking of how cool it is to be a single mom - earlier tonight i found that my son had consumed maybe 1/5th of a tube of kiddie toothpaste. so i freaked out a bit because you're supposed to give a 2yo like a drop when you brush his teeth. called the nurse's registry and got some HAG who said that i should try to force as much water down his throat as possible and give him some baby medicine. and i made some throwaway comment like "yeah ok but i'm not holding my breath on that one as he's so used to medicine he knows all of my tricks". Her response: Well just get your husband to hold him down while you force the dropper into his mouth. Me: Ummm, it's just me here but thanks for your help. I'll figure it out. I appreciate your time. Her: Well maybe that's part of the problem then. :dancer:

oh no she did-int just say that?!?!!

do people really spend 2-3mos salary on engagement rings?

one little person is enough to worry about.

how do you get any work done ever?

That is a very calm strike-ish Birthday greeting, but I'll take it. Thanks!

Rubyn said she blocks a lot of GL'ers so I got paranoid and followed her lead. I kinda forgot about it.

I have unblocked everybody. :cheersbuddy:

That is a very calm strike-ish Birthday greeting, but I'll take it. Thanks!

Rubyn said she blocks a lot of GL'ers so I got paranoid and followed her lead. I kinda forgot about it.

I have unblocked everybody. :cheersbuddy:

Things have not gone well for 2011Blitty but let's finish the year strong! This is a step in the right direction! :clap:

oh no she did-int just say that?!?!!

yeah she did and the funny thing is that a year ago I would've fired up and made some shitty comment to her but at this point i'm just like yep, ok. that's how the world works in your universe and some random broad going off on you on the phone isn't going to change so there's no point. it is pretty funny though.

do people really spend 2-3mos salary on engagement rings?

one little person is enough to worry about.

how do you get any work done ever?

yeah apparently engagement rings are supposed to cost a lot?? i'd rather the guy take me on an awesome trip and propose with a cheese ring instead. we already get a wedding band, i don't need some crazy expensive engagement ring.

and i'm lucky that i'm able to hire someone to come in the nights i'm working for sbr or else i usually have a friend here if she can't make it. and then with my other job, most of that revolves around la time so he's asleep throughout that all now thankfully. and part of me still feels guilty about working from home when he's awake but then i think about how many mom's work outside the home and their kids are in daycare or with a babysitter. i'm still here - i fed him dinner, gave him his bath, played with him on his bike, read his goodnight stories. mum's gone for those hours in day don't get the chance to interact with their children at all so i'm happy with my arrangement. i can't not work and just live off of family stuff and savings. i'd go insane. it's just not me.

yeah apparently engagement rings are supposed to cost a lot?? i'd rather the guy take me on an awesome trip and propose with a cheese ring instead. we already get a wedding band, i don't need some crazy expensive engagement ring.

and i'm lucky that i'm able to hire someone to come in the nights i'm working for sbr or else i usually have a friend here if she can't make it. and then with my other job, most of that revolves around la time so he's asleep throughout that all now thankfully. and part of me still feels guilty about working from home when he's awake but then i think about how many mom's work outside the home and their kids are in daycare or with a babysitter. i'm still here - i fed him dinner, gave him his bath, played with him on his bike, read his goodnight stories. mum's gone for those hours in day don't get the chance to interact with their children at all so i'm happy with my arrangement. i can't not work and just live off of family stuff and savings. i'd go insane. it's just not me.

I probably spent way too much on her rings, but they certainly werent 2 or even 1 months "salary" (well last year anyway, this year they are like my whole years earnings but thats because i suck at my job). Pretty stupid since I keep the rings here in my drawer, afraid someone will rob her if she puts them on out on the street.

I'm trying to spend more time with Emily (mostly because I want too but I also want to show the rest of her colombian family how non necessary they are). So I've been bringing her here most of the day during the week. It's tough, no idea how you do it every day every week.