Bitcoin-based online gambling

• Start date
  • Replies 1,934 Comments
  • Views 130,234 Views
I'll gamble on btc at some point myself. Maybe take a payout from Betonline via crypto and hodl for a while.

I'm still running a full node of bitcoin core on my desktop.

email from coinbase

Starting on June 27, Coinbase will introduce some changes required by local regulations. Specifically, when you send crypto outside of Coinbase, we are required to ask you for the name and physical address of the recipient and the purpose of transfer. In certain cases we may require you to link a Coinbase Wallet to your main Coinbase account in order to send crypto assets off the Coinbase platform. This allows us to verify that you control the Coinbase Wallet that is receiving the crypto assets.

:biglaugh:

"In a few weeks, Ethereum is slated to undergo the most significant change in its seven-year history. Until now, the Ethereum blockchain has been secured using a method called "proof-of-work," which consumes more electricity than the entire nation of Belgium. Next month's switch to a new method called "proof-of-stake" is expected to cut Ethereum's energy consumption by a factor of 1,000.

The stakes are high. A botched transition could mean chaos for the many crypto projects built on top of Ethereum. A smooth transition would be the culmination of years of careful planning by Ethereum's core developers. Over the last year, developers have repeatedly pushed back the date of "the Merge" to give themselves more time to prepare. They completed a final dress rehearsal on August 10, clearing the way to make the switch in mid-September."

If cryptocurrencies and blockchain and all this shit had any actual real-world use or utilization... we probably would have seen it in a decade of existence, no?

Still just snake oil.

If cryptocurrencies and blockchain and all this shit had any actual real-world use or utilization... we probably would have seen it in a decade of existence, no?

Still just snake oil.
It’s aces for depositing/withdrawing from off shores I hear. And ransoms! Slam dunk!

It’s aces for depositing/withdrawing from off shores I hear. And ransoms! Slam dunk!
Haha yes it is basically the new neteller. Paypal for illegal activities, with exhorbant fees. THE FUTURE!

Paypal for illegal activities
except everything is recorded in an immutable public database

this is what my clients at roguey consulting llc don't understand until I set them straight into the underground of Monero

#$XMR4LIVE

It's happening, system are a go

• Ethereum is moving to proof-of-stake! The transition, known as The Merge, must first be activated on the Beacon Chain with the Bellatrix upgrade. After this, the proof-of-work chain will migrate to proof-of-stake upon hitting a specific Total Difficulty value.
  • The Bellatrix upgrade is scheduled for epoch 144896 on the Beacon Chain – 11:34:47am UTC on Sept 6, 2022.
  • The Terminal Total Difficulty value triggering The Merge is 58750000000000000000000, expected between Sept 10-20, 2022.
  • Note: as announced earlier, the Kiln testnet is being sunset. Operators will shut down on September 6, 2022.

• The Terminal Total Difficulty value triggering The Merge is 58750000000000000000000, expected between Sept 10-20, 2022.

Oh, my. That is very difficult. Pretty sure I would never try anything that difficult. Look at all those zeros.

Ethereum's Merge is a success!

The Merge officially kicked in at 2:43 AM EST.

$200 billion market was on the line but everything happened without a glitch on the whole network. Code wise it was a huge achievement, like changing the motor of a car while it's running.

Miners no longer needed, cutting off their participation will drop off the equivalent energy consumption of all the power grid of Finland.

From 02:55:00 to 03:15:00

It’s fonny for those a little familiar with the FTX stuff from this past week. *I’m still buying BTC**