Bitcoin-based online gambling

• Start date
  • Replies 1,944 Comments
  • Views 132,842 Views
Yeah the dialogue in here is one of two things

When BTC craters to $29K it’s “lol, see I told you this is a house of cards”

When BTC nears ATH it’s “lol, the shenanigans!”
You are also wrong. I just checked back, I didn't say I told you so during the last crater. I just asked if ya'll were staying long or aborting. Gave you a thumbs up when you said you are staying in. Just because I think Bitcoin is stupid doesn't mean I'd ever celebrate any of ya'll losing money.

You are also wrong. I just checked back, I didn't say I told you so during the last crater. I just asked if ya'll were staying long or aborting. Gave you a thumbs up when you said you are staying in. Just because I think Bitcoin is stupid doesn't mean I'd ever celebrate any of ya'll losing money.
Then plommer did! I said specifically that my post was directed at plommer and or VD

dave, sincerely enjoy your posts and would love to go to a bar in LA and talk life, sports, women with you but you just said a bunch of stuff that does nothing to refute my claim that BTC is a store of value (like gold and silver).

Guys, let's all buy the next (inevitable) dip!

I just keep DCA'ing BTC. Happy you all wish me well!

Then plommer did! I said specifically that my post was directed at plommer and or VD

dave, sincerely enjoy your posts and would love to go to a bar in LA and talk life, sports, women with you but you just said a bunch of stuff that does nothing to refute my claim that BTC is a store of value (like gold and silver).

Guys, let's all buy the next (inevitable) dip!

I just keep DCA'ing BTC. Happy you all wish me well!
The sad thing is, I'd love to buy the next dip if anyone would be willing to explain to me where the value is.

Just saying "it's a store of value" and ignoring all of my concerns and criticisms about it doesn't help me at all. I'm not trying to be contentious, I'm genuinely trying to understand the appeal.

Yes, it is clearly a store of value, but there are thousands of things in limited supply that go up and down in value without any function that can also be considered stores of value. What makes it a better store of value than gold? Silver? Baseball cards?

What gives us confidence that it will still be around in 10 years? 50? 100?

If you just said it was pure speculation/gamble because it keeps bouncing back from dips so you keep buying, cool. But you seem to believe it actually has value and I'm just trying to understand why, that's all. Hoping you (or someone) can show me what I'm missing.

IMG_6007.jpeg

Well I've never claimed it was a better SOV than any of these so I won't be able to explain why it's better
Yup, let's go with this and it's a SOV.
Would you agree that gold and silver are superior SOVs due to their stability/history? Obviously far less sexy as investment opportunities due to Bitcoin's much higher potential growth, but clearly better SOVs?

Would you agree that gold and silver are superior SOVs due to their stability/history? Obviously far less sexy as investment opportunities due to Bitcoin's much higher potential growth, but clearly better SOVs?
Superior is too strong a word.

More stable/less volatile. Yes.

Ideally I would be in gold/silver/BTC/ROTH IRA/401K/own investment property. Unfortunately I'm not in all of those.

Superior is too strong a word.

More stable/less volatile. Yes.

Ideally I would be in gold/silver/BTC/ROTH IRA/401K/own investment property. Unfortunately I'm not in all of those.
You and me both brother:cheers:

I personally have buying BTC on dips in the same barrel I have buying individual stocks on dips; educated high-risk gambles on pure speculation. And personally, I'd much rather invest in stocks on cool projects/companies I believe in vs. something I don't, but Bitcoin obviously has mass appeal and staying power as... whatever the hell it is.

Alas, I'll probably never even get to that barrel. Currently on the save-up-for-down-payment-on-house-in-this-impossible-market barrel. Then it'll be paying off mortgage early barrel (no sweetheart sub-3% deals to min-pay forever in 2024 sadly). Then maxing 401K/IRA. Then mutual funds/property. We'll see how far along I get before I die.

Always a step behind, if only I'd had the money to buy when it was still remotely affordable. On the bright side, at least I have no debt, more than many in my age group can say.

Just dropped $1K into a random crypto presale: https://ypredict.ai/

HODL YPREDICT TO THE MOON! (or something)
This shitcoin is a complete scam, listed at $0.12 it's already down to $0.03 on some rando markets. The creators tweet random AI news stories that have nothing to do with the project.

I had bought $1200 of Ethereum on MetaMask to do this transaction ETH > YPRED. After fees or whatever had $1000 worth of YPRED and $181 worth of ETH that has just been sitting in there.

That's worth $485 now. If I just left the whole $1181 of ETH in the account without buying the scam I'd have over $3K :biglaugh:

I've never spent a single cent on anything other than BTC or Ethereum
Wise move. 99% of cryptos are scams. At least the established ones are actual projects, regardless of my feelings on them!

I anticipated BTC would rise again (didnt think so high so quickly), and every time it does it always takes shitcoins up with it. Have seen those crazy 100x and even 1000x runs.

Presale crypto is gonna be a scam/rug pull/ bust almost always, but was hoping my ONE TIME would be a unicorn 😂

when the eventual drop happen, how low?

when the eventual drop happen, how low?
Lots of folks who have never bought BTC or dumped it during the last bear run have been asking me this.

My totally non-pro opinion is $39K