Bitcoin and the Amazon.com for illegal drugs

• Start date
  • Replies 201 Comments
  • Views 16,882 Views
use Tor they said

it's completely anonymous they said

:biglaugh:
Use it in conjunction with (on top of) the tails OS and yeah you're anonymous. 100% decentralized.

Me, no. These coins were linked to the original Silk Road marketplace. Who controls them? Nobody knows. It could be the FBI, but the FBI sold what they originally recovered from the bust a long time ago, around 2017 if I remember correctly. So who had the crypto key for this bitcoin address? Why hold on to them until now? Possibility that it was a vendor of the marketplace that's out now on parole? Maybe a corrupt FBI agent that kept them for himself? To hold from $350,000 to a billion takes a lot of patience.

Me, no. These coins were linked to the original Silk Road marketplace. Who controls them? Nobody knows. It could be the FBI, but the FBI sold what they originally recovered from the bust a long time ago, around 2017 if I remember correctly. So who had the crypto key for this bitcoin address? Why hold on to them until now? Possibility that it was a vendor of the marketplace that's out now on parole? Maybe a corrupt FBI agent that kept them for himself? To hold from $350,000 to a billion takes a lot of patience.
RJ, how can anyone collect a billion dollars without getting busted? Either I’m really really nieve or stupid. This intrigues me

No they haven't collected, they haven't cashed out. The bitcoins were dormant all these years and now someone that had the crypto key moved all the bitcoins from the original dormant address to another bitcoin address. That's all that happened here. It means someone had a crypto key for a billion dollars all this time and they didn't touched it for 7 years until now. Very intriguing.

Good use of tranche right there.

can someone email me a good link to the dark web

maybe not the darkest of the dark. but like a nice medium hue of dark part of the web

We now know who did it: the U.S. government.

On Thursday, the Department of Justice announced that it had seized the wallet.

“Silk Road was the most notorious online criminal marketplace of its day,” U.S. Attorney David Anderson said in a press release. “The successful prosecution of Silk Road’s founder in 2015 left open a billion-dollar question. Where did the money go? Today’s forfeiture complaint answers this open question at least in part. $1 billion of these criminal proceeds are now in the United States’ possession.”

In the civil forfeiture complaint, Anderson explained that the government took control of the wallet on Monday, after an unnamed hacker agreed to forfeit the cryptocurrency. The hacker, who is only identified as "Individual X," allegedly broke into Silk Road's website and stole the bitcoin in 2012 or 2013. The hacker then transferred to the infamous wallet with the address "1HQ3Go3ggs8pFnXuHVHRytPCq5fGG8Hbhx," according to the complaint.

imoud6s.png

V54Yxi5.png

It's unclear who Individual X actually is, and the complaint does not explain how the feds found them.

Ya need to go through Tor. Look for "Tor Browser Bundle", download it, run it, then go to the URL in the article.

1 Bitcoin is about $10 right now. Do the math.
HODL THOSE BITCOINS, 2011 MATTY

DON'T BUY THE DRUGS

JUST HODL

#FOK

HODL THOSE BITCOINS, 2011 MATTY

DON'T BUY THE DRUGS

JUST HODL

#FOK
:lmao:

At one time I held 4 BTC when they were worth $600 each. No way would I have held them.