Big Boys Club

• Start date
  • Replies 2,805 Comments
  • Views 91,509 Views
really? I kinda think it's cool. Maybe because it's been an olympic sport forever, and to me the helmet and suit seem more natural in that environment. :thinking: This is probably why I'm turned off by this gettup on the street. I'm saying, what you think you're on a race track, you fucking goober. :yes:

MrX
Track racing is so boring. Have you considered bike polo? It's a thing.
I like to go fast for no reason. I think I'm going to enjoy the track.

Is it a Velodrome?
We had one here during the Commonwealth games in the 1990s
Some outstanding crashes

Yah. It was built in 2015 for the Pan Am games - it claims to be one of just two North American velodromes (the other one being in LA) that meets Olympic standards or something.

The crashes are pretty good indeed.

Ya,after the commonwealth games the funding disappeared and the cycling community wasn’t big enough to support it
Waste of taxpayers money once again

The Velodrome was actually right across my old shop and my business neighbor at that time owned a bicycle shop
So we would occasionally grab a 6 pack after work and watch the speed demons
practice.
The ones with no fear did the best IMO,if you were apprehensive or indecisive you were doomed
Can’t believe that was almost 30 years ago

Velodrome is certainly a top-tier word, should probably have its own thread.

Velodrome Thoughts. I'd click on it.

I watched Kelsey Mitchell's gold-winning race a few weeks ago - I wanna do sprint races like that.

Look at her fucking legs
c92d9bo8q3g71.jpg

yea,not my cup of tea either.
check out the long ass toes as well

I'm not asking you to fap to them, just look:

DOMFXixWAAEqPt-.jpg

Matty,you gonna shave your legs to reduce drag?

Used my non-silverback gorilla thighs to pedal my way through an evening ride. Not quite as much suffering with the heat but more traffic.

18D5D042-AF81-4662-9BA1-F522666CDE4D.png

Not there yet. If and when my coach asks, maybe.
I used to do this when I mountain biked 4-5 times a week. Not for the drag. Much much easier to clean cuts and massages feel way better.

I watched Kelsey Mitchell's gold-winning race a few weeks ago - I wanna do sprint races like that.

Look at her fucking legs
View attachment 6224
Oh I'd fuck her until she killed me.

I bet if Nickay Mijnaj's cousin had her in bed, she would pop his swollen testicles like a flesh pinata

Evening rides are much more comfortable but by skipping the morning ride, you risk thunderstorms in the evening and subsequently no bike ride.

This evening was almost perfect for a ride to Ft. Lauderdale and back.

D8CA5046-C461-4679-8A12-29344596E565.png

I just started training with Zwift, a phone app that pairs with a stationary bike or indoor trainer. I got an older "dumb" trainer and a speed/cadence sensor for $110 total (proper setups can cost thousands.) I might get a smart trainer for Christmas if I'm a good boy.

I set everything up on our second balcony, the one with the shittier view. Hopefully I can train there all winter. Based on my early and very sweaty efforts, I think it'll be doable even in January/February weather. Stationary cycling brings your body temp up very quickly cause of the lack of windblast.

20210913_182444.jpg