Betonline finally pays out on College Conference Future.

• Start date
  • Replies 10 Comments
  • Views 979 Views

Peep

Since
Mar 28, 2010
Score
Tokens
Hey everyone. I'm pleased to say that yesterday we were paid in...well, not full, but close. Our accounts were credited for the amount of the WIN, but they did not credit back the amount of the initial stake. I sent a PM to Bill about it and he said it was an oversight from a non-wagering manager. When the case manager gets back from Easter holiday, it will be taken care of. Many thanks to everyone at SBR and at Peep's Place. There's no question that, without their involvement, we would have never been paid. They got our compliant past the front line of clerks, supervisors, managers and directors and in front of the decision makers. They took their time, but ultimately made the correct call.

I would say that I look forward to wagering on basketball conference futures again next year, but my limits on all props and futures were "reduced" to $1 back in December and have not been restored...

http://forum.sbrforum.com/sportsboo...er-dispute-getting-its-own-thread-now-p4.html

I remember that case. Really scummy behavior.
Glad it worked out, eventually.

Hmm. I don't want to read the whole thread. From what I read at the start, it does not seem like a totally black and white call. i.e. - I can kind of see where Betonline was coming from with their initial decision. I would not call it outright scammery.

What do you think peep? I assume you have followed the whole thing. Do you think BOL was trying something or was there an element of legitimate misunderstanding?

Betonline copied the Prop almost word for word from The Greek. The Greek paid out for conference championships. Chris from the Greek even made it a point to post in the thread.

The clincher though was that they had a west and a east division championship in the SEC. The SEC only had those catagories for regular season play.

Short of it, Betonline acted arrogant and silly, but finally paid as they should have.

"When the case manager gets back from Easter holiday" :mastab:

It is completely black and white and they are 100% wrong.

Betonline is one of those books that has never originated anything. Any odds on their site are copied from somewhere else.

Greek originates most futures like NCAAB conference seasons. They always have. Every other books copies the odds (usually after they've settled) nearly exactly. I doubt the line money at betonline could set such a future if he wanted too. These futures at the greek are regular season always. I've never heard of or seen a conference tournament future in November, those get posted in March.

It doesn't matter what the wording said, the market odds place the bet for the regular season. I posted this at peeps, but it's akin to greek opening an nba line at -4, betonline copying -4, having the player bet -4, and having it win only graded a loss because betonline now claims it was a 1st half bet. Even though the market price for the game was -4.

Hmm. I don't want to read the whole thread. From what I read at the start, it does not seem like a totally black and white call. i.e. - I can kind of see where Betonline was coming from with their initial decision. I would not call it outright scammery.

What do you think peep? I assume you have followed the whole thing. Do you think BOL was trying something or was there an element of legitimate misunderstanding?

If you have any knowledge of college basketball it is an outright scam.

That was awful by BetOnline, claiming it was for the conference tournament yet they offered SEC East and SEC West odds.

That's similar to having NBA Eastern and Western Conference futures and saying it only pays out who wins the NBA Finals.

If you have any knowledge of college basketball it is an outright scam.

That was awful by BetOnline, claiming it was for the conference tournament yet they offered SEC East and SEC West odds.

That's similar to having NBA Eastern and Western Conference futures and saying it only pays out who wins the NBA Finals.

I'm with Durito and Herman, this was a blatant attempt at taking a shot by BOL. Look at how they lowered his limits to nothing on futures because of it; that's their retribution for being forced to pay on a bet. I would find it very hard to trust this place with my money, a shop with even a modicum of integrity would've reviewed the decision before they became so entrenched in what was proven to be a purely idiotic position.

BetOnline...off my list. They were banking that this guy didn't know about players' advocate forums. Good for him that he did.

I was just reading over at Peep's that it's Clive Archer from the old BetonSports scambook that's running BetOnline now. I realize he wasn't the one stealing people's money as he didn't have equity in BoS during their collapse but I'm always wary of people who work for known scammers at any point in their career. They may say "it's just a job" but it's a reflection on their integrity all the same.

It reminds me of this band I was invited to join up in Portland. The band leader was a slickster, but I had no idea to what extent until I agreed to play a couple gigs with them on a trial run. At our first rehearsal we played a few numbers and this band leader would pipe in recorded sessions from people who had left his band previously to "fill up the soundspace." I immediately protested that without prior release for their work, we couldn't use it live, and if we couldn't use it live we had no reason to do so at rehearsal. He of course agreed and said he'd have other musicians at the next gig to play those parts so the recordings were merely to get me used to the sound he wanted.

You guessed it though, at that first gig I see him hooking up his MiniDisc player to the mixing board and I knew what he was planning. I didn't say a word, just set up my keyboard and monitor as usual. As we started the first song he queued up his canned tracks and I considered walking off the stage then and there. I let us finish the first song though before I leaned into my mic and told the audience that if they noticed instruments on the speakers that weren't on stage, it was because the band leader was trying his hand at being a disc jockey. The place went nuts and of course the performance was over, the band leader threatened to sue me and even took a (pathetic) swing at me in the parking lot. To the best of my knowledge, he never played another gig in the Portland area.

Some of my fellow musicians were worried I might be blackballed from future bands, they thought people wouldn't trust me after I made a public spectacle of what a lot of them seemed to think was minor dishonesty. And while they were right that I didn't play in many bands after that, the local musician's union hired me right away as a promoter, as my reputation was now beyond reproach with venue owners.

I tell this story to illustrate the fact that when people say "I'd love to not be involved with such ignominious people, but I need to make a living" that it simply isn't true. When you demonstrate integrity, especially against your own immediate interests, karma will always be quick to richly reward you. Clive could be the salt of the Earth, but being connected with first BetonSports and now BetOnline has to leave men of conscience questioning his character.