Best Television Character Ever?

• Start date
  • Replies 54 Comments
  • Views 5,100 Views
T-Bag from Prison Break

Cookie Monster is the best character ever.

Add marty kahn from House of lies

How about women? Title of this thread simply said "characters" not Male characters.

To start, in no particular order:

Carrie on homeland
Salina on VEEP
Peggy on MadMen
Glen Close's character on Damages
Olivia on Scandal
Carmella on The Sopranos
Gemma on Sons of Anarchy
Alicia on The Good Wife
Regina on Once Upon a Time
Lucy on I love Lucy
Mary on Mary Tyler Moore
Rose on The Golden girls
Dee on Always Sunny
Lucille on Arrested Development
Joan on mad Men
Jackie on nurse Jackie
The girl on Shameless (also should add William H. Macy on Shameless to the male list)
Nancy on Weeds
The cast of the L word
The 3 women on Big love

After looking at your list, only one is considered iconic. The rest aren't complex or memorable enough to warrant a spot IMO. It is unfortunate that female characters aren't written to provide substance (unless featured in a TV show female viewer driven).

I've been watching WWF from the beginning (Wrestlemanias and Royal Rumbles). I seriously don't think I've ever been as pumped up as I am when I see Hulkster hulking up or when he gives an interview. It's amazing.

I remember watching the early Wrestlemanias with my grandpa and uncle. Wrestlemania III remains the mot exciting sporting event of all-time.

600full-wrestlemania-iii-photo.jpg

After looking at your list, only one is considered iconic. The rest aren't complex or memorable enough to warrant a spot IMO. It is unfortunate that female characters aren't written to provide substance (unless featured in a TV show female viewer driven).

I think things are changing, alot of women are making headways into the writing world. 30 rock was probably the best written comedy in television history, Tina fey came out of second city.

Best Liz Lemon Quotes

“Deviousness? I guess two can play at that game. Just like most games.” (Episode 7.5, “There’s No I in America”)

Cooking for One
“I was going to take this class called Cooking for One, but the teacher killed himself.” (Episode 5.6, “Gentleman’s Intermission”)

Stability
“Just embrace the fact that you are lucky enough to be a happily married man. I mean, I’m actually jealous of you. You’ve got stability, a great marriage, devoted kids. You know what I have? A Sims family that keeps getting murdered.” (Episode 4.15, “Don Geiss, America and Hope”)

January Weather
“Ugh, I hate January. It’s dark and freezing and everyone’s wearing bulky coats. You can do some serious subway flirting before you realize the guy is homeless.” (Episode 4.11, “Winter Madness”)

Liz Lemon doing yo mama jokes
Ok. I got it, I got it, I got it. What's the difference between yo' mama and washing machine? When I drop a load in the washing machine, it doesn't follow me around for a week.

Resolutions
“One of my New Year’s resolutions is to say “yes!” Yes to love, yes to life, yes to staying in more!" (Episode 5.11, “Mrs. Donaghey”)

Jenna - So there are different shifts, like on a Sheik's pleasure yacht

Probably the funniest tv episode I have ever seen, Black Tie written by Tina fey and Kay Cannon

"Meime Damen und Herren! Prince Gerhardt prince of Austria, duke of Thuringia and earl of Westphalia is dead. The Hapsburg line...has ended. You can pick up your gift bags at the coat check."

30-ROCK-PAUL-REUBENS.jpg

Last edited:
The Hulkster slamming Andre The G was pretty outstanding.

Guy made the impossible look fairly easy.

Andre The G was HUGH, boys. HUGH.

Andre really was a GANGSTA.

Got into watching some old wrestling clips, interviews a while back. Much more interesting characters than hulk. Andre was cool though.

Skippy - Family Ties

Arthur - King of Queens

Jimmy Brooks - Degrassi: The Next Generation

I loved Arthur! Didn't know you were a K of Q fan? MrsM loved that show and Doug! I liked Carrie lots!

Fiver, were you at the game today in that pic posted by matty?

Skippy - Family Ties

Arthur - King of Queens

Jimmy Brooks - Degrassi: The Next Generation

Joey Jeremiah was the best on old school Degrassi.
The new ones I just watch to see which girls will be on the WB in 3 years.