• Replies 82 Comments
  • Views 6,660 Views

BGS 9.5

Basement Dweller
Since
Jan 31, 2010
Score
Tokens
I am talking music here boys, not donkey shows. I don't know if this thread has been done before, if so, apoligies....

GO

AC/DC or Depeche Mode (I'm dead serious)

So many to choose from. So many different styles that were good for such different reasons.

Muse - because it's my favorite new band these days and I love their music and it's the only rock show I have been to in ~25 years so it's the freshest in my memory.

But going back in ancient history . . .

Big venue stadium act - Yes - I saw them 3 or 4 times in the late 70's/early 80's. Such amazing musicianship. I have grown to find them pretty pretentious but I used to be right into their show. I would just sit and stare with my jaw dangling, hypnotized. Drugs did play a part.

Smaller concert hall venue - Graham Nash. I don't give him much thought these days but there was this great show ~1985 that I remember being blown away by. It was intimate and I loved the music and I had bloody fantastic seats.

Bar act - David Wilcox. I must've seen him about 10 times starting when I was underage and getting into his shows with fake ID. It was the best drinkin' partyin' music and he was such an enjoyable freakish character and my toe would still be tapping days later.

Trentemoller - Ultra 2011.

In This Moment - Mayhem 2010.

Trombone Shorty - Tampa 2010.

Rob Givens - The Castle (Hell) 2010.

Sevendust - Livestock (Zephyrhills) circa 2003.

Ministry - Lollapalooza (Orlando) 1992.

Dat Nigga Earl - Downtown St. Pete, 3 am 2007.

Scott Frost - Michigan 2006.

Buju Banton - St Pete 2005.

Creed - Livestock (Zephyrhills) circa 2004 (first time doing ecstasy. Magical.)

Psychotic Manatee - Clearwater 2010 on shrooms. OMG.

psycho3.jpg

Whenever I see a good show, I leave feeling it was the BEST one I have ever seen. I will have to think long and hard about this one.....

Trentemoller - Ultra 2011.

In This Moment - Mayhem 2010.

Trombone Shorty - Tampa 2010.

Rob Givens - The Castle (Hell) 2010.

Sevendust - Livestock (Zephyrhills) circa 2003.

Ministry - Lollapalooza (Orlando) 1992.

Dat Nigga Earl - Downtown St. Pete, 3 am 2007.

Scott Frost - Michigan 2006.

Buju Banton - St Pete 2005.

Creed - Livestock (Zephyrhills) circa 2004 (first time doing ecstasy. Magical.)
Psychotic Manatee - Clearwater 2010 on shrooms. OMG.

psycho3.jpg

I was there too Moldy

WHAT! hahahaha that's awesome. How many Livestocks did you go to? I think I went to about 8 maybe? First one Lynard Skynard was headlining back in like 94 maybe?

Pink Floyd twice.

1 of the only 2 shows I missed that I wanted to see really, really bad (G & R was the other). I actually had tickets for them, but the St. Louis episode occurred and I got fukked....

WHAT! hahahaha that's awesome. How many Livestocks did you go to? I think I went to about 8 maybe? First one Lynard Skynard was headlining back in like 94 maybe?

One other, the one that had Tesla and The Black Crows as headliners.

i will have to think about this, but Tool is the leader in the clubhouse so far. LEt me give this some thought

I saw Monsters of Rock back in the 80's (Metallica, Van Halen, etc...) but not counting that one; awesome show, but I am looking for single acts here.

Jackson Browne at a small venue in Toledo was awesome

1 of the only 2 shows I missed that I wanted to see really, really bad (G & R was the other). I actually had tickets for them, but the St. Louis episode occurred and I got fukked....

Saw GNR on 7 or 8 different occasions. First show I ever went to was GNR and Soundgarden (opening) on Halloween night at MSG. Awesome experience.

Saw GNR on 7 or 8 different occasions. First show I ever went to was GNR and Soundgarden (opening) on Halloween night at MSG. Awesome experience.

Yea, I had tiks for the Detroit show, Axl that fukk :(

That's funny BGS. We probably rubbed shoulders many times back at those weekend events. Always funny to me to hear about events you were at with people you wouldn't meet for another several years.

Like me and Daffy at Lollapalooza in 92. Unreal. I bet I pummeled him in the pit during the Ministry set.

I bet I pummeled him in the pit during the Ministry set.

Probably was Dafty's motivation on becoming a officer of the law in stopping evil from taking over the world!
:boxcleanersdaddy: