BirmNotts-5.png

Updated/Corrected
BirmNotts-6.png

Maybe I should just stop.

Turkish Superliga
Bursaspor v Tranzanspor
Over 2.5

-102 188Bet
-104 BetPhoenix (if Asian Books not allowed)

Texas A & M +7.5 All the stars are aligned for this to win! Hope line doesn't drop any further?

Villanova 155 over Greek

RogueScholar 1-2-0 -1.05u

ATP - Memphis: Taylor Dent (-130 @ 5Dimes) vs. Philipp Petzschner

Fairfield -1.5 -110 Bookmaker

Jacksonville St +8.5 -105 (pinnacle)

Reasons behind TA&M pick
Not big believer in it, but statfox has +4, kenpom 73-66. Sargain +6! Playing before a crazy crowd tonight and haven't lost there yet! KU has to lose 1 conference game or at least close, right? They have had a few escapes where a lose looked likely. Coach ex KU player so he's this game circled in his mind! Good sense that Henry won't play that much tonight, what for, big lead in conference? I love taking teams that are disciplined and going against teams that aren't!!! Hate losing on mental mistakes! What we all thought would happen to Minny yesterday took longing than we thought, but TG it did! Of course KU isn't Minny!

Texas A&M still playing under the radar
February, 10, 2010
FEB 10
2:48
PM ET
Comment Print Email Share
Maybe it's the lack of a household name, the obscurity of College Station among the more traditional college basketball destinations or the freakish and jarring memory of seeing Derrick Roland suffer a compound fracture of his leg at Washington.
I'm not sure why Texas A&M continues to be a mystery to most, but the Aggies have emerged as one of the more undervalued teams in the country.

That might change Monday night if the Aggies grab the nation's attention with a home win over top-ranked Kansas. It's more plausible than ever before, and apparently much more realistic than Texas taking out Kansas in the Longhorns' current dysfunctional state.

What the Aggies are is disciplined. Texas A&M is as composed a team as any in the country right now, rarely rattled, and plugging along without much fanfare.

The Aggies missed 17 free throws at Missouri. Yet, they still won 77-74 at one of the toughest arenas in the country.

"We never panic," Aggies coach Mark Turgeon said. "We made [three of] our last four in that game. We don't get rattled because we shoot the ball so poorly in many stretches, we don't score. So when we miss 17 free throws at Missouri we don't panic. We've grown accustomed to ourselves. We're not great shooters so we execute better."

Texas A&M finds itself at 6-3 in the Big 12 heading into Texas Tech on Saturday and 17-6 overall. The Aggies did beat Clemson and Minnesota in Anaheim in November when those wins meant more and lost to New Mexico in Houston, which is turning out to be a good loss if you can use that term. The Aggies took Texas to overtime in Austin, before falling.

But what's more impressive is that the Aggies are tied with Kansas State and Missouri in the loss column for second place behind Kansas, a full game ahead of Texas.

Turgeon said he would have never believed that was possible after losing Roland on Dec. 22. Roland was the team's best perimeter defender and second-leading scorer. The injury was so traumatic that the Aggies had no shot to rally against Washington. But the Aggies didn't wilt as Donald Sloan picked up the slack for his good friend and teammate. B.J. Holmes is a more than capable backcourt mate, Naji Hibbert is getting more run as is Khris Middleton. The experience of David Loubeau, Nathan Walkup, Bryan Davis and the infusion of some forward force from Ray Turner has helped give the Aggies a chance.

"This is the most coachable team I've had since I've been here," Turgeon said. "They have so much confidence in each other. I believe in them and they believe in me."

Turgeon said adding Turner after Christmas (he was ineligible in the first semester) was a huge lift for the depth inside.

"We just figure out a way to win," Turgeon said. "Every game is a close game, a five or six-point game. We're disciplined and we could be more disciplined defensively. But we figure out ways to win. We make enough shots, enough foul shots and there is a toughness about us that I haven't seen since we've been here."

Turgeon said the Aggies aren't going to blow anybody out and if they don't play well, they likely won't win. If you look at the Big 12 statistics, the Aggies are mostly in the middle of all of the major stat categories. They appear to be average, but they're hardly pedestrian.

"What I like about our team is there is still so much room for growth with our freshmen," Turgeon said of Turner, Middleton and Hibbert. "And our senior leadership [Sloan and Davis] has been tremendous."

Sloan said on my podcast last week that Roland could return this season. That seems like bit of a reach. Doctors have said Roland is progressing well, but he's still far away from resuming basketball activities. He had surgery six weeks ago to repair a major fracture. Turgeon doesn't want to dampen his spirits or stunt his comeback to playing ball, whether it's with the Aggies or professionally next year. But Roland's spirit to return has rubbed off on his teammates as they see how much he wants to join this crew for March.

If the Aggies beat Texas Tech then Monday's game could rival Bramlage's intensity when Kansas State hosted Kansas. The students at Texas A&M can get just as noisy and supportive.

"This has been the best since I've been here," Turgeon said of the fan support. "I think everyone here really likes our team and how hard we play. We play together and there is a toughness about us. We're not overly talented, but the Aggies appreciate us. In a month, we could be really good."

Opposite opinions welcomed, cause it could save me from betting more money on it! Thanks!

Dent loses in three sets after spanking Petz 6-1 in the first set. The plays I put in this thread are cursed!

211 D.Nalbandian Games Won -3 -130

Maryland -9 -110 @ Betphoenix