Australian woman survives 111m bungee fall into the Zambezi River

• Start date
  • Replies 41 Comments
  • Views 2,002 Views
Oh man that looks awesome.

I think jumping from a higher elevation would be less scary. When I jumped in Whistler (53 meters) I had a very clear feeling of the space that was between me and the ground. I don't think that would be the case at like 200 meters.

No sir, I have not.

Just found out that the broad in the video survived the bungee accident and was swimmimg to shore when a hugh croc grabbed her and ate her as a mid-day snack.

Basically bungee jumping is safe, pretending to be a fishing lure in croc infested waters is a bad idea.

I'm 100% certain that this bungee operator can still claim no one died from bungee jumping at his place.

No sir, I have not.

Just found out that the broad in the video survived the bungee accident and was swimmimg to shore when a hugh croc grabbed her and ate her as a mid-day snack.

Basically bungee jumping is safe, pretending to be a fishing lure in croc infested waters is a bad idea.

We always call them croc infested waters like the crocs decided to move there after the humans decided to bangee jump over their river.

We always call them croc infested waters like the crocs decided to move there after the humans decided to bungee jump over their river.

good point, but I believe you understood the point i was trying to make.

common Pavlos.

good point, but I believe you understood the point i was trying to make.

common Pavlos.

Got your point brother. As an engineer the only way I would bungee jump is if I personally contact a test of the tensile strength of the chord to make sure it won't snap during my jump. I don't like being a snack for crocs :)

Got your point brother. As an engineer the only way I would bungee jump is if I personally contact a test of the tensile strength of the chord to make sure it won't snap during my jump. I don't like being a snack for crocs :)

Me too, then I would double the cord.

That place in Whistler keeps a log of every jump and they have 5 different cords for different weight classes (I was given the Fat Ass Special cord that's good up to 350 lbs). All the cords looked brand new.

That place in Whistler keeps a log of every jump and they have 5 different cords for different weight classes (I was given the Fat Ass Special cord that's good up to 350 lbs). All the cords looked brand new.

I'm sure the Aussie broad was thinking that as she hit the water.

Maybe Alanis Morrisette could alter the lyrics of her song called "ironic" to include a bungee jumper that survives impact but dies from bite wounds from a crocodile.

That would be ironic.

I'm pretty sure they do this in front of your eyes. They drop weights over for the chords before they send humans over at the start of the day.

You're gonna need another excuse!

no crocs cause of the rapids

erin-bungee.jpg