Ask Vegas Dave

• Start date
  • Replies 704 Comments
  • Views 63,414 Views
enough already, give us the dirt on the seperation....
we need your side of the story.

Why did Dean Lombardi and Jack Johnson publicly talk shit on one another?

I LOVE Dean Lombardi, I think he is a genius and I admire to no end how he has rebuilt the Kings. He also loooves to talk, and he has no qualms with letting you into his mind. In this case, he went a little too far in bashing Michigan. Maybe it was to call Jack out (he was a fucking career -60 after all, and the Kings haven't lost since this spat), or maybe it was just ramblings gone awry. Either way, I don't think either will harbor ill will towards each other; just one of those stories the media and fans love to have fun with.

I also would like to hear more details regarding the SBR termination.......

Not much to tell. I had the feeling my days might be numbered... I don't even disagree with my being fired, I wasn't worth the money I was being paid. But that was honestly no fault of mine.

I was told that I was hired to make videos, be present on the board, and come up with ideas. I did all of that, and right from the get go I felt out of place. Every idea I went into the office with (including many that you guys had) was shot down and I seemed to get frowned upon for daring to bring them up, which made no sense to me. If I'd been hired to be a yes-man, I wouldn't have taken the job; I thought I was hired to help make the site better for all of us. But every suggestion I made was shot down. Just about every time there was a public outcry about something SBR was obviously wrong on, I was almost always fighting the side you guys were on... of course on the board, I had to go along with the "company stance"... but behind the scenes, I was wearing out my welcome fighting for us as a poster instead of a company man.

They didn't seem to care about my videos... they didn't want my opinion on anything... I was wondering why I'd even been hired in the first place. But then I was still employed come August, and then September rolled around, and I knew my job was safe; after all, football is BY FAR my strength and when I'm the biggest draw. Between my philosophy picks, college vids, etc, you would think SBR would want me during this time of the year. Just look ar how popular "Beat Vegas Dave" was. But alas, September 10th, I went into work just like any other day, put in my 9 hours, and was met outside as I was walking to my car and told that I wasn't coming back to the office anymore. There was never a single warning, and when I had asked Bill on more than one occasion if he wanted more out of me or something different, I was always told "you are doing great, don't change anything". Sure, I gathered from the iciness that my time might be winding down, but I'd have expected maybe ONE SIT DOWN, something like "Dave, you aren't pulling your weight around here, we'd like you to do more" or something. But no, not a word.

that's one hell of an operation they are running over there these days.

Is Bill Dozer proud of mysbr?

Because he should be.

He is proud of it when offering you a job and telling you how great it is and how you can help make it better. Upon arriving and suggesting ways to make it better, though, expect to be brushed off.

Forget it Dave how much were they paying anyways? I am sure you were worth the $ but they were not getting what they wanted for the $ if you catch what I am saying, as recent events have shown they don't have a clue anyways so fuggggggggggggg emmmm

I am just a worthless liar
I am just an imbecile
I will only complicate you
Trust in me and fall as well

I will find a center in you
I will chew it up and leave
I will work to elevate you
Just enough to bring you down

Maynard James Keenan

Forget it Dave how much were they paying anyways? I am sure you were worth the $ but they were not getting what they wanted for the $ if you catch what I am saying, as recent events have shown they don't have a clue anyways so fuggggggggggggg emmmm

Reload gets 2.12 an hour + .21 for every post he moves from one forum to another (apparently regardless of whether or not it belongs). I've never seen him make a video however, nor contribute anything worth reading.

Dave, how often was I (betplom) the topic of discussion in the SBR offices?

Did you ever hear Willie Bee admit to enjoying my hairy pussy threads?

I didn't know mysbr still even existed.

Who came up with the points idea? Crazylou?

SBR is lucky that they didn't find themselves in the middle of an HR nightmare. Even though Texas is an employment at will state, that has very little to do with anything. It is the responsibility of the employer to prove that the employee is incapable of performing the job duties they have been hired to perform. They do this by counseling the employee and documenting everything to support their termination case. They truly need to hire or outsource an HR team...but I guess if you move all of your employees out of the country, it doesn't much matter, does it.

For some reason, Bill and John love to be so secretive about their moves.

Dave, do you know that Bill said that he gave you a month notice?

.21 for each moved thread............... shit he should be moving to the hamptons any day now

how was your relationship with Willie in the end Dave? did you get the chance to say goodbye to anyone after the firing? did anyone reach out to you to say goodbye?

just can't wrap my mind around how cold and sudden of a move they made

For some reason, Bill and John love to be so secretive about their moves.

Dave, do you know that Bill said that he gave you a month notice?

I forgot about that!!!

Also, Dave....was BBD canned or did he leave on his own?

Virginia is as well and there have been plenty of local cases where there has been little to no documentation and ended very badly for the companies involved

SBR is lucky that they didn't find themselves in the middle of an HR nightmare. Even though Texas is an employment at will state, that has very little to do with anything. It is the responsibility of the employer to prove that the employee is incapable of performing the job duties they have been hired to perform. They do this by counseling the employee and documenting everything to support their termination case. They truly need to hire or outsource an HR team...but I guess if you move all of your employees out of the country, it doesn't much matter, does it.

Yea, Costa Rica labor laws are perhaps easier to skirt.