• Start date
  • Replies 14 Comments
  • Views 669 Views

Boner_18

Since
Oct 5, 2010
Score
Tokens
Guys, gotta fire my landscaper. He's an old dude maybe 70 and he kinda just sucks. This past year he didn't show up on time, never did a spring cleaning etc... he's a nice enough dude who kinda came with the house.

Anyhow, text message and a bit of a lie like "were going to do our own thing" (we're hiring a hard working guy my MIL uses...prob cheaper) okay?

Nah, you’ll break the old dudes heart.

Just grin and bear his mediocrity for a few more years (decades).

Guys, gotta fire my landscaper. He's an old dude maybe 70 and he kinda just sucks. This past year he didn't show up on time, never did a spring cleaning etc... he's a nice enough dude who kinda came with the house.

Anyhow, text message and a bit of a lie like "were going to do our own thing" (we're hiring a hard working guy my MIL uses...prob cheaper) okay?
If this guy does this for a living, I doubt this would be the first time he’s been terminated.
This is a business decision.
You're fine pal

How long has he been working for you?

bidness be bidness, yo

but yeah, throw a pandemic excuse in there...we need to scale back expenditures due to pandemic salary cuts....and we are making our 3 year old do all the landscaping now. She's gotta start pulling her weight.

@tullamore we didn't pay for work he didn't do and he didn't bill us for work undone. We requested he do more work, he said we would get to it and never did.

@Tron We bought the place in 2017, he maintained it all summer (we were in NYC and didn't pay til we moved in December of 2017). Before that he maintained the place for prob most if not all the time the previous owners had it - 20 years.

It's done. Texted him.

way to go killer.

What did the old guy say? Did a tear ran down his face?

No response. Now I'm worried he's just gonna show up and claim he didn't get the text (truthfully or not).
Might have to follow up with a phone call to prevent this.

Yeah phone call to the cops when he shows up.

I just want to resolve any sense of conflict without any face to face human interaction, is that too much to ask?