• Replies 15 Comments
  • Views 964 Views

Mudcat

yap
Since
Jan 27, 2010
Score
Tokens
Ethnically, I would identify myself as your basic whitebread-soaked-in-milk kind of Canadian. Apparently I am part of a fading breed.

Statistics Canada has recently released some projections about ethnic demographics based on current rates of change. If I focus on where I live, Toronto, it shows that 43% of the population was visible minorities in 2006. The projection for 2031 is 63%. Visible minorities will in fact be the majority.

For the entire country the projection for 2031 is 31% visible minorities, up from 16% in 2006.

I don't know what to make of it. It is a upsetting in a way. I am a pretty wonderful person and obviously everyone should strive to be like me. If we keep having more people who aren't like me, I don't see how it can be good.

I just hope some kind of sanity will prevail and the nation will focus on having people as much like me as possible.

what's a visible minority? Is that one of them tall midgets or something?

There is a solution. Make mini Muddys NOW.

More Mudcat babies...that's what we need!!

mudcatbabies.png

what's a visible minority? Is that one of them tall midgets or something?

:laugh: I love that line. :laugh:

The question to me is how would Americans feel about this. I'm sure they are in the same boat to some degree.

From what I have seen of Americans, there would be many who would be happy NOT ONE BIT if presented with similar stats. Truth is, there are plenty of Canadians who are slightly panicked about these recent projections.

I'm just not sure if Mexicans are considered a visible minority.

come the civil war, there will be more honkeys than blacks and mexicans and yellows and canadians. and since they have too many cultural barriers to cross in order to organize, the honkeys will just take them out one at a time and become the majority again. i'm not worried.

They keep saying that other ethnicities will over run this country and some day I will be the minority...i feel like that isn't the case. I think they will end up eliminating themselves....survival of the fittest...they are all idiots.

They keep saying that other ethnicities will over run this country and some day I will be the minority...i feel like that isn't the case. I think they will end up eliminating themselves....survival of the fittest...they are all idiots.

This doesn't sound like something that a guy who once started a Black History Month thread (and had good intentions with it) would say.