Any whiskey drinkers?

• Start date
  • Replies 1,460 Comments
  • Views 116,367 Views
My father in law did a bunch of architectural work for me an wife over the years and eventually (after the next set of drawings) ill need to pay him something... like 2 rounds ago i promised him dinner at a top place in nyc.. but never went good on it. Now I'm thinking I might have to get him a bottle of pappy. He's well to-do but would never get it himself (and would never accept full payment for services)... it would also mean I get to drink about a half a bottle of pappy. Question is - where do I get it without getting scammed with a fake bottle?

My father in law did a bunch of architectural work for me an wife over the years and eventually (after the next set of drawings) ill need to pay him something... like 2 rounds ago i promised him dinner at a top place in nyc.. but never went good on it. Now I'm thinking I might have to get him a bottle of pappy. He's well to-do but would never get it himself (and would never accept full payment for services)... it would also mean I get to drink about a half a bottle of pappy. Question is - where do I get it without getting scammed with a fake bottle?
Besides a liquor store? That’s a great question. I’ve used caskers.com never a problem

the quest for legit Pappy (that doesn’t cost $900) might need it’s own thread. They can’t make that stuff fast enough. 60 Minutes even did a segment on it.

Elmer t Lee bottle I wouldn't mind. George T Stagg.

For those that have tried Pappy...is it worth the price and hype?

I have definitely wanted to try it since seeing the 60 Minutes segment

I would say no. It's worth a shot for $20-30 to try the 10 12 year at a bar, the older versions at 100+ I wouldn't recommend. I had one of thsm at a tasting years ago, and I didn't feel there was anything spectacular about it.

I had a bottle of it. Totally worth for $85 a bottle. Not for $600 lol

I would recommend Rhetoric which you can find for about 200 a bottle. 21-25 year old and will never be made again

Boner alert:

B1B6C818-FC69-45F5-9F60-A8CA41FE2625.png

I’m doing Dry January. I know, it’s cheesy. But my body needs a break.

Reflections so far: It’s very boring (beyond all the sex I’m having). Lots of cycling and resistance training. I still don’t notice my quality of sleep getting better.

You would have thought I’d have picked up my acoustic guitar and started writing again to combat the boredom. Nope. Not yet at least.

I’m doing Dry January. I know, it’s cheesy. But my body needs a break.

Reflections so far: It’s very boring (beyond all the sex I’m having). Lots of cycling and resistance training. I still don’t notice my quality of sleep getting better.

You would have thought I’d have picked up my acoustic guitar and started writing again to combat the boredom. Nope. Not yet at least.
Nothing wrong with a monthly alcohol break bro.
Pretty sure you can’t call life boring if you are having sex lol

Impressive, some of that stuff I don't even know what it is, but also some good ones I like :clap: