Any whiskey drinkers?

• Start date
  • Replies 1,460 Comments
  • Views 116,326 Views
hmm, Drive 2000 miles to drink whiskey with a bunch of yahoos? :thinking: ....I might be in

Did anyone actually look at this menu??

Still can’t believe it.

Think I’m gonna go big next week and do some 23yr Pappy.

Figure it will save me money in long run, if I try the best of best, and then I’ll be able to settle down.

Just like how people stop collecting Pokémon’s.

WHISKEY WEDNESDAY

1/2 off this list

it's not that easy. 23 year bourbon not the best. More of an oddity. Seems most everything there is overpriced.

Reno, you can easily sample all of those options near you at half the price listed on menu?

If so, I’ll have to check out your bars when I visit this upcoming ski/pond tourny season.

Looks like a 30-60% markup except for the ultra rare stuff. Not out of the ordinary in food and bev.

Looks like a 30-60% markup except for the ultra rare stuff. Not out of the ordinary in food and bev.

So you you see the majority of that selection at your local pub and grill?

No. Im saying reno is wrong, that's a normal bar markup, not over priced. But since you asked im sure a local whisky joint has close to the same offering tho probably with another 30% premium for NYC. Char No. 4 had plenty of pappy options.

Reno, you can easily sample all of those options near you at half the price listed on menu?

If so, I’ll have to check out your bars when I visit this upcoming ski/pond tourny season.
Perhaps not all options, but 3 or 4 places I can list off around Denver that have most of the burboun listed and perhaps some that aren't. $30 for an Elmer. 100+ for T Stagg.
I can find $12 and 25 respectively. Know place with $10 Blantons.
The fun for me is finding rare bourbon in places that undervalue it.
That seems more of a rip off the tourist place. Although I certainly wouldn't mind sampling that full proof Weller or the Orphan Barrels. Still I'd say I've yet to find a bourbon that's worth it at more than 25 a pour

yes. I still saving an unopened one on my shelf. widely available here for 65. But yeah good stuff

So I’m down street at local shitty pub and grill. Noticed they had Weller full proof on shelf $15. Taylor $9

How is that possible??

Reno, is this whole thing a racket?

Bourbon nerds will camp out all night for a bottle of that shit.

Think I’m done with this pawn hobby.

Its a good find. Remember most of the retail stuff is pretty cheap, it's allocated. Bars that are not designed for hyped whiskey enthusiasts can never sell anything for $50 a shot.
That's why I'm saying those kind of places are a rip off, but what you found here is a joy.

1602549516199.png

I tell ya brother Blitty, this Bird Dog is pretty good stuff. Not to confuse with the blended/flavored versions.
There are 3 different good ones. Select, small batch, 10 year. The good bottles are shaped like the one in picture

I’ve seen that around. Will give it a try.

Just bought a bottle of McKenna 10yr.

Any good?

I was never crazy about that one. I noticed it has become more expensive recently, so must be getting popular. Recently saw it on a high shelf at my fav liquor store for something north of $50
Haven't tried it in years. My preference seems to change regularly, but I don't see myself revisiting McKenna at that price.

Did you end up trying the Weller full proof?

I got it for $39.

I had the WFP straight up at bar. It was really good, but didn’t blow my mind like I had expected.