Any whiskey drinkers?

• Start date
  • Replies 1,460 Comments
  • Views 116,403 Views
Glenfarclas 105 (60% ABV) and Macallan Cask Strength (59.6% ABV) will get you there fast, and in style.

66d3c48acba9501b6b9d28818b81932e.jpg

macallan_cask_strength-thumb-300x400-721.jpg

Joking aside, it's a really good and approachable one, as long as you dilute it with a bit of water to tame the delicious-house-fire effect.

I think the approachable ones would be best for us, I appreciate it. Dilution noted.

Noice! My gift made it to #2!

Classic and Pro.

:blittster:

Yap. Peat and sheep shit.

Can't tell the difference between the two.

weeeeeeee

Drinking them Islay malts is always an event. Feels like you're teleported to the great outdoors.

This is probably why I never got into scotch. But foking Hort makes it seem so appealing.

reno you should try the sherry-bomb type of single malts. Macallan would be a good place to start. Zero peat in those.

Avoid the blends (Johnnie Walker, Chivas, Famous Grouse, etc.) if you hate peat 'cause they all have at least a bit of it.

Scotch really doesn't mix well, except for the cheap malty blends like Red Label and Whyte and Mackay Special.

Most scotch is meant to be sipped neat. The cask strength stuff you want to add water to it, but just a bit - I'd do about 1 part water for 5-6 parts scotch in the case of cask-strength bottles (around 60% ABV). You want to bring it down to 40-50% ABV.

had some Russell reserve 10 year
Wild-Turkey-Russell-Reserve1.jpg

what do we make of this one Matty?

Never heard of it, how was it?

Big fan of "old" bottlings as a general rule

10 years is a lot for a bourbon

not bad, the end of the bottle was particularly good. I don't have the ability to describe the flavors :grin: I learned its made by Wild Turkey people.

I'm 5 hours away from a bourbon and a maduro cigar.

:fatcat: