Another brilliant post by sbr_john

• Start date
  • Replies 28 Comments
  • Views 2,543 Views
Do people really buy pizzas?

Wouldn't you be embarrassed asking for a free pizza?

when you hit rock bottom you have no dignity to lose

they gamble for points

Yes they gamble for points initially. RBS hopes that becomes boring for them and they switch to using real money.\

Same reason Pokerstars and Fulltilt offer poker for fake chips. They know eventually many of them will switch to playing for real.

I have ordered pizzas a couple of times during football season when I was with a group of people. Sam9Ball is a nice guy. Super polite. I prefer to think of it as like reward points like you get with some credit cards.

Not only would I be embarrassed, but I almost always order something in addition to a pizza. It also seems like a complete hassle just to get a fuckin pie.

Yes they gamble for points initially. RBS hopes that becomes boring for them and they switch to using real money.\

Same reason Pokerstars and Fulltilt offer poker for fake chips. They know eventually many of them will switch to playing for real.

The massive difference being that points have real value. Fake chips play does indeed warm players up to playing for real, but getting 80 million fake chips won't get you anything. RBS will let you trade in this nonsense for real shit.

Needless to say, trading in for freeplays will make them plenty of money. But if all you do is trade in for pizzas and Xboxs and never use their links to sign up... they are losing money on you.

Most of you are not seeing the bigger picture here. It's like offering candy cigarettes to children. It's a pretty brilliant marketing move, in my opinion. One most of us don't agree with, but brilliant nonetheless.

Most of you are not seeing the bigger picture here. It's like offering candy cigarettes to children. It's a pretty brilliant marketing move, in my opinion. One most of us don't agree with, but brilliant nonetheless.

Candy cigs were seen when you were looking for other treats.

In order for this tool to be effective as possible, they should be advertising it on sports sites... "Play for free, win prizes!"

They can't attract people that aren't aware it exists.

Dave, I think they are arrogant enough to think people will just stumble upon them. Plus, it's probably still in the experiment stage and they aren't yet ready to invest any serious advertising monies.

They pay quite a bit for search engine priority. That is their advertising. Try googling Pinnacle Sports once. They show up right behind Pinnacle themselves and Wikipedia.