• Start date
  • Replies 12 Comments
  • Views 3,822 Views

Rubyn

Since
Jan 24, 2010
Score
Tokens
So I guess this was ‘Big Band’ week, which happens to be very near and dear to my heart. With Harry Connick, Jr. as the mentor and in charge of the arrangements, I don’t see how anyone could fail. Right? Right.

harrycj.jpg

Aaron Kelly

Fly Me to the Moon

Looking like a failed banker, Aaron doesn’t have the chops to pull off a song with any kind of swagger. The odds are rarely in favor when it comes to a teenager vs. a seasoned performer (aka 20+ year old). Aaron has a very good voice and will do well in the business if he continues pursuing this path, but I think it is time for him to bid adieu.

Casey James

Blue Skies

Much like Jason Voorhees without a machete, or Richard Simmons without his short shorts, Casey should never, ever perform without his guitar. Ever. His left hand looked like the severed appendage in Evil Dead II, as if it were about to attack him or any innocent bystander at any moment. While he didn’t sound as bad as the judges indicated, he will certainly fall in the bottom three this week.

Crystal Bowersox

Summer Wind

I am throwing caution to the wind in saying that Crystal will not fare well with her die hard fangorillas tonight. This is the point in the contest where the stylists tell the contestants that people need to see something “different” or some kind of “change” to keep them "fresh" and "relevant" (I use quotes to enhance the douchebaggery level). To me, this was an ultimate fail, but a fail that very well complimented the genre in which she was forced to sing. OF COURSE, Crystal is safe tomorrow night.

Michael Lynche

The Way You Look Tonight

I have fought it for too long. Michael Lynche (aka Green Mile) is hands down the best vocalist of Season 9. Really, this guy can sing anything…preferably in my opinion, nothing ever again by Jason Mraz or the ton. Big Mike has really grown on me and if he leaves any time soon, I will probably lose all interest in this season (this sounds vaguely familar). But alas, Season 9 has been quite unpredictable, so who really knows who is in favor of “the American public”. If I had my way, I’d pick Michael Lynche and Casey James to battle it out as the final two. But who wants to listen to a 36 year old lady who doesn't call/text for their favorite contestant 300+ times every week?

Lee Dewyze

That’s Life

This photochop was found on VFTW. If you are familiar with Tropic Thunder, you will appreciate this picture, dedicated the facial expressions of Lee Dewyze last week...lolz:

leesimplev-1.jpg

I really don’t understand what the judges heard tonight, but they really REALLY loved Dewyze. To me, he was not at all comfortable with taking liberties with the freelance swing rhythm and looked extremely uncomfortable. But HEY, he wasn’t out of tune! I guess that makes him good? ALRIGHT MAN, FAR OUT!!

Going home:
Aaron Kelly

These are really good singer but i like most "Aaron Kelly"
what do you think about him??

I think lee dewyze is an able to American idol its really good singer i think he is best singer in American idol.

I think lee dewyze is an able to American idol its really good singer i think he is best singer in American idol.

welcome vernon

boy, the pipes on that guy

I think Aaron kelly is one of the bestest singer in American idol 5.he sang very well song i really like his voice when he sang a song.

Why am I not paying attention to this forum??? LOL at these new "guys".

Merlin, Vernon & Neal.

Sounds like a kinky law firm.

lee dewyze performed at halftime in Soldier Field

They can place in the queue of precious gem and I always love to appreciate such honorable persons .